Contribute
Register

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´d like to know if this steps are still valid. Has anyone tried out?

All best,
HDMI audio is now a MultiBeast option in the Audio Driver section.

HDMI audio is now a MultiBeast option in the Audio Driver section.

I´ve tried out using latest version of MultiBeast but HDMI is still not working. Do I have to do a clean install for that?

In fact, trying to install using Toleda´s stuff, I ended up with (almotst) this screen in DPCImanager... except for the HD 4600 that doesn´t appear in the position that it should be. The logs shows that the board has been recognized by the system...
View attachment 82860

Thanks to this thread I've made a little progress on my first hackintosh (after successfully getting my Mac Pro 1,1 running 10.9.4 thanks to Tiamo and SFOTT I thought I'd have a go!)

My build:

Intel Core i5-4460
GA-H87N-WIFI (BIOS F8)
Crucial 8GB 1600MHz Ballistix (1 RAM module as I intended to upgrade to 16 GB with another later)
Noctua NH-L91 CPU fan
Corsair Builder Series CXM 430W modular 80 Plus Bronze
In a Cooler Master Elite 120Advance Mini-ITX case

Initially I tried a Clover install which went OK until I attempted to boot into the HD based clover bootloader (without the USB inserted) when it would hang, but then start Mavericks ok from the USB clover bootloader. I went round in a few circles on that one and thought I'd try Unibeast . . .

After putting the BIOS into IGFX and disabling VT-d after "optimising", I got Unibeast to get to the splash screen and then got to the installer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1

After reboot to the Unibeast key I select Mavericks (the Hard Drive) and with the same boot screen edits now I have it hanging at a grey Apple logo with a spinny dark grey wheel below.

Any ideas what to try next please?

Update: tried again as above but in verbose mode: I can't capture the screen of course, but it seems to be about:

"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/Bootcache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff80002526cf): a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef f00000000, bits changed 0xdeadbeef, at offset 48 of 64 in zone: kalloc.64'@sourcecache/xnu/xnu-2422.110
debugger called <panic>
BAcktrace (CPU 1), Frame : Return Address

(followed by strings of )xffffff80ff572 or similar)

then

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kextd

Of course I have zero clue what any of that means, but maybe someone here does?

cheers!

PS Is there a chance I have a dodgy piece of hardware? the MB and i5 processor were both bought from ebay!

Last edited:
Hi fellows,

I´m using mavericks version 10.9.2 that runs like a charm.
When I tried to upgrade to 10.9.4, I´ve got a kernel panic that was resolved moving the AppleIntel* files off from /System/Library/Extensions.
The drawback was the video graphics. In my current version, I can see that my SONY TV appears as the monitor. When I do the installation and move the files away, this config disappears and Safari starts to flicker as I browse the internet.
Does anybody knows how to upgrade to lastest mavericks and keep the current config of graphics+SONY TV?

All best,

Sergio

Is anyone in the process of attempting an update to Yosemite? I'd love to be the guinnea pig, but I'm using mine as a server. I may try later today though if I get a good feel about it reading through other threads!

Today I successfully updated to OS X 10.10 Yosemite, but sound not working for ALC892. Working also with Fusion Drive.

Ive got my machine which is the same spec as the thread title running sweet with Yosemite using the same basic settings as post 181 but with multibeast 7.1.
I can't however get HDMI audio to work. Ive tried Toleda's tutorial but i just can't follow it and get lost.
If someone post an Idiots guide for me i would be truly greatfull.
Thanks in advance.
MJW

can someone post their multibeast file for 10.10 for the H87N

thanks !

Ive got my machine which is the same spec as the thread title running sweet with Yosemite using the same basic settings as post 181 but with multibeast 7.1.
I can't however get HDMI audio to work. Ive tried Toleda's tutorial but i just can't follow it and get lost.
If someone post an Idiots guide for me i would be truly greatfull.
Thanks in advance.
MJW

Hi, did you used MultiBeast 7.1? I can only see 7.0 at download page. Does 7.1 has any driver version change from 7.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back