Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello there,
I've come across multiple (years old blog) posts, forum posts and so on about finding HID mode bluetooth dongles.
There even is one from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a10-not-recognised-as-bluetooth.116502/page-3
but it's closed for new replies, so here I am.

There are descriptions of the CSR8510 A10 having a HID proxy mode
Examples:
It provides HCI mode operation with full Bluetooth stack, and HID proxy mode for stackless operation.
or
Full HCI mode is supported with switching to/from “HID proxy mode” for boot mode support and stack-less operation, where a host stack is not required or available

But I can tell that right out of the box it's not running in HID proxy mode. I can't use my bluetooth keyboard in BIOS or enter the bitlocker PIN. The led inside of the dongle is not lighting, while booting the PC up. It only starts lighting when the OS is started.
I purchased this model "CSL - USB Nano Bluetooth-Adapter V4.0 - Bluetooth Dongle Class 4.0 Technologie - Plug and Play - Windows 11 fähig"

I've read here, that you can however change the boot mode with BlueSuite software. The software is available here.
But it's not working. I followed the instructions from here , but it only explains how to get to the HIC mode instead of the HID proxy mode.

any ideas?

Hello there,
I've come across multiple (years old blog) posts, forum posts and so on about finding HID mode bluetooth dongles.
There even is one from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a10-not-recognised-as-bluetooth.116502/page-3
but it's closed for new replies, so here I am.

There are descriptions of the CSR8510 A10 having a HID proxy mode
Examples:
It provides HCI mode operation with full Bluetooth stack, and HID proxy mode for stackless operation.
or
Full HCI mode is supported with switching to/from “HID proxy mode” for boot mode support and stack-less operation, where a host stack is not required or available

But I can tell that right out of the box it's not running in HID proxy mode. I can't use my bluetooth keyboard in BIOS or enter the bitlocker PIN. The led inside of the dongle is not lighting, while booting the PC up. It only starts lighting when the OS is started.
I purchased this model "CSL - USB Nano Bluetooth-Adapter V4.0 - Bluetooth Dongle Class 4.0 Technologie - Plug and Play - Windows 11 fähig"

I've read here, that you can however change the boot mode with BlueSuite software. The software is available here.
But it's not working. I followed the instructions from here , but it only explains how to get to the HIC mode instead of the HID proxy mode.

any ideas?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Yes, purchase a macOS compatible Intel or Broadcom Bluetooth dongle or combo WiFi/BT card.

Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) USB BT dongles are known not to work in recent macOS Releases, i.e. anything after Catalina.

You don't say which version of macOS you are running on your Haswell/Nvidia system.
High Sierra 1013.6 would be the last supported release for your Nvidia dGPU.
You don't say if your system has been Root Patched with OCLP to run the Nvidia dGPU in a newer release of macOS.

Yes, purchase a macOS compatible Intel or Broadcom Bluetooth dongle or combo WiFi/BT card.

Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) USB BT dongles are known not to work in recent macOS Releases, i.e. anything after Catalina.

You don't say which version of macOS you are running on your Haswell/Nvidia system.
High Sierra 1013.6 would be the last supported release for your Nvidia dGPU.
You don't say if your system has been Root Patched with OCLP to run the Nvidia dGPU in a newer release of macOS.
sorry, should have mentioned, that I am not trying to get it running on my Macbook, but on Win10 to get into BIOS with a bluetooth keyboard

OK, ever thought you might be on the wrong forum when asking about this issue?

OK, ever thought you might be on the wrong forum when asking about this issue?
my question is not really OS specific. I just started with testing on Win10 because I had it available, but I would run into the same issue with macOS, because HID proxy is HID proxy.

And my point being that macOS and Windows don't work the same way, don't use the same drivers/kexts or logic processing for any device that may work in both OS's.

I don't really understand why you thought that asking a question regarding how a BT device works in Windows on a Hackintosh forum was sensible and logical. Especially when you fail to mention your issue is with the unsupported BT device and how it works, or rather doesn't, in Windows!

If it doesn't work correctly in Windows buy one that does.

We aren't going to be able to help you with your issue, as the device is not compatible in macOS. No one who understands how to dual boot macOS and Windows on the same machine is likely to be using the same CSR BT device as you. That means they won't have come across the same issues. The majority of people on this site will be using Intel and Broadcom devices, which do work in both macOS and Windows.

And my point being that macOS and Windows don't work the same way, don't use the same drivers/kexts or logic processing for any device that may work in both OS's.

I don't really understand why you thought that asking a question regarding how a BT device works in Windows on a Hackintosh forum was sensible and logical. Especially when you fail to mention your issue is with the unsupported BT device and how it works, or rather doesn't, in Windows!

If it doesn't work correctly in Windows buy one that does.

We aren't going to be able to help you with your issue, as the device is not compatible in macOS. No one who understands how to dual boot macOS and Windows on the same machine is likely to be using the same CSR BT device as you. That means they won't have come across the same issues. The majority of people on this site will be using Intel and Broadcom devices, which do work in both macOS and Windows.
it does work in windows, you are not getting my point. I'm trying to figure out how to get it run in HID proxy mode, it runs perfectly fine in HIC mode or whatever the default boot mode is.
The device works in macOS (see here), that is why I said over and over again, that this is not an OS issue but rather only hardware related so it would fit an hackintosh forum just as well as any windows forum, because well we're in hardware troubleshooting.

Back