Contribute
Register

Crucial M4 SSD firmware update/Realtek driver/boot times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crucial M4 SSD firmware update

Another question. Should I redo the DSDT after upgrading the firmware?

Not necessary. A firmware update on a SATA connected device will not affect DSDT.

You should retry, the DSL you gave me was definitely patched. So, even if you started with an extracted DSDT, you applied patches, then saved...

And it probably doesn't matter, but it is DSDT=No

There is a lot of case sensitivity in OS X/Chimera/Chameleon, etc. Best not to be sloppy...

Sorry for delay, haven't had a chance to prepare DSDT earlier.
Pls find attached my raw DSDT.
I booted with "DSDT=No", ran MaciASL and saved this DSDT dump via "File - New from ACPI - DSDT...". Should be really raw this time, otherwise I don't know what can be wrong with raw DSDT creation. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    86.9 KB · Views: 89

Sorry for delay, haven't had a chance to prepare DSDT earlier.
Pls find attached my raw DSDT.
I booted with "DSDT=No", ran MaciASL and saved this DSDT dump via "File - New from ACPI - DSDT...". Should be really raw this time, otherwise I don't know what can be wrong with raw DSDT creation. Thank you in advance!

So, what exactly is your issue?

This one is indeed a raw DSDT and patches just fine using current patches from the repo.

So, what exactly is your issue?

This one is indeed a raw DSDT and patches just fine using current patches from the repo.
Well, as it claimed in post #13 I had no changes in boot time (15-20 sec) after Crucial M4 256Gb firmware has been updated up to ver.070H. I have re-patched my DSDT but no still no luck. You asked me for my raw DSDT and list of patches, which I just gave you.

Well, as it claimed in post #13 I had no changes in boot time (15-20 sec) after Crucial M4 256Gb firmware has been updated up to ver.070H.

I guess you're not as lucky as me.

I have re-patched my DSDT but no still no luck. You asked me for my raw DSDT and list of patches, which I just gave you.

I asked you for that because you were having errors when patching the DSDT. No errors for me patching your DSDT with the same set of patches... I surmise you're able to patch your DSDT just fine and the previous errors were due to user error.

having errors when patching the DSDT. No errors for me patching your DSDT with the same set of patches... I surmise you're able to patch your DSDT just fine and the previous errors were due to user error.
Yeah, sure. Thank you for confirming my DSDT is OK. Anyway, long boot time is something I can certainly live with :)

Yeah, sure. Thank you for confirming my DSDT is OK. Anyway, long boot time is something I can certainly live with :)

15 sec is not really "long"

Must be something different in our config/hardware or our M4s are slightly different...

15 sec is not really "long"

Must be something different in our config/hardware or our M4s are slightly different...
I thought so, but since I saw your report on almost instant boot with FW 070H, I started to "think different" :)

I thought so, but since I saw your report on almost instant boot with FW 070H, I started to "think different" :)

I was pretty surprised...

But boot time is affected by a lot of different factors. For example, I have no DVD drive installed. I also usually do not have the second HDD attached (eg. HDD tray not in DVD slot). My laptop also doesn't have USB3 (or Radeon). It does have (an unused) fingerprint reader. I generally do not have any USB devices connected except for a USB mouse.

On my desktop, I have disconnected my DVD drive because it slows down boot (both OS X and Windows), and given that I use the DVD drive less than once per-year, it is not a big deal to connect it only when needed.

For example, I have no DVD drive installed.

Oh, nice idea, gonna remove my DVD out and see. Frankly, never even opened it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back