Motherboard
Asrock H170M-ITX/DL
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
HD-530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
is the same using CRUCIAL TWO(2) CT8G4DFD8213 8GB sticks bought separately as using the CRUCIAL 16GB kit(2x8GB)? as for dual channel and general performance, do I need to buy specifically the 16GB kit to give the hackintosh dual channel capability and better RAM performance? I ask cause, see both sticks in the 16GB kit seem to have diff model number >CT2K8G4DFD8213/CT2C8G4DFD8213 than the 8GB stick.

Thanks in advance to anybody responding to this question

is the same using CRUCIAL TWO(2) CT8G4DFD8213 8GB sticks bought separately as using the CRUCIAL 16GB kit(2x8GB)? as for dual channel and general performance, do I need to buy specifically the 16GB kit to give the hackintosh dual channel capability and better RAM performance? I ask cause, see both sticks in the 16GB kit seem to have diff model number >CT2K8G4DFD8213/CT2C8G4DFD8213 than the 8GB stick.

Thanks in advance to anybody responding to this question

There shouldn't be any difference.

There shouldn't be any difference.
Thanks, another question, is it worth it to upgrade to an i5 6500(4 cores lower speed) vs the i3 6100(2 cores higher speed), taking into account I'll use the rig for web programming and iOS programming(xcode), every so often a windows 10 virtual machine on top of it, upgrading my RAM to 16GB for that purpose too, but in terms of power, performance, etc and having the W10 virtual machine on, don't know whether the i5 delivers much more than the i3 in general and whether that difference is noticeable, thanks again!

Thanks, another question, is it worth it to upgrade to an i5 6500(4 cores lower speed) vs the i3 6100(2 cores higher speed), taking into account I'll use the rig for web programming and iOS programming(xcode), every so often a windows 10 virtual machine on top of it, upgrading my RAM to 16GB for that purpose too, but in terms of power, performance, etc and having the W10 virtual machine on, don't know whether the i5 delivers much more than the i3 in general and whether that difference is noticeable, thanks again!

For your stated usage, I don't think the i5 would be worth the extra $110.

Thanks to all for your replies, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back