Contribute
Register

Crash at boot after shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is the problem, you crash right after it is initialized.

I would try installing NullCPUPowerManagement and see if that solves the problem.

SnapMan said:
I think AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is the problem, you crash right after it is initialized.

I would try installing NullCPUPowerManagement and see if that solves the problem.

removing PXHCD solved the problem already. Now I don't have usb 3 though or at least those ports are not showing up in about this mac.

Have you tried installing the USB3.0 NEC/Renesas kext in Miscellaneous?

I believe your MB has an NEC chipset.

SnapMan said:
Have you tried installing the USB3.0 NEC/Renesas kext in Miscellaneous?

I believe your MB has an NEC chipset.

Ok, I installed the one from Miscellaneous and booting up after shutdown worked and gave no kp. Thanks.

Never mind, The problem is back after installing usb3 kext from miscellaneous.
I try installing Nullcpupowermanagement and see what happens.
Does this nullcpu kext make the bios control cpu temps instead of mac?

update
computer crashed while running cinebench with nullcpupowermanagement.
don't know why.

This is weird, Now second try around cinebench worked and is giving better results compared to wihtout nullcpupowermanagement.kext. Very awkward.
With nullcpu I get 29fps on opengl
without nullcpu I get 22fps

Also, Around 1k less on geekbench results though so this is very weird. I'm tempted to just delete this nullcpu kext.

I uninstalled nullcpumanagement.kext the cpu seems to be hovering a degree or 2 hotter now with pure dsdt. Geekbench scores are back to 11600 again. Very wierd how they dropped by almost 1k with that nullcpu kext and at the same time the opengl cinebench test was way better with the nullcpu kext. I just don't get it. Wish I could get some answers about that because I do a lot of gaming on my hackintosh and want the best performance from the card and cpu. Right now the gtx 470 is so underpowered in world of warcraft on the hackintosh for me its not even funny!. I even booted back into windows 7 last night just to see the difference and let me tell you its like night and day.
The fps drops are the major flaw playing on the hackintosh for me. On windows 7 I have everything on ultra and its never dropping below 40fps in most cases. Anyway I really hope we get some updated drivers for video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back