Graphics
gtx 470
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
like the title says I crash at boot (apple logo) every time after I shut down from osx.
using dsdt for my mobo and chimera 1.3.
Please help

Just to be more specific.
In osx I go to shut down, the computer shuts down. I turn the computer back on choose snow leopard boot from the boot options. The apple logo loads up then the grey curtain of death apears telling me to power off the computer.
Ok, from this stage there are 2 options and only 1 works...you can either press reset (which just repeats the problem again) or you can press the power button untill it shuts down.
After pressing the power button for 3 seconds and then booting again it enters osx.

KushKrime said:
Have you tried booting in verbose? It'd be nice to know where booting seems to lockup. I have a hunch, but I don't want to speculate just yet.

No, I haven't tried but am going to do so right now. I will update in a couple minutes with the results.

(Update) I booted in verbos but have no idea what to tell you.
I tried to take a picture of the panic it gave but it came out all blurry and its not understandable. It says panic at cpu caller ....kernel trap at .... (the dots are letters and numbers)
anyway do I need to get more specific ? I'll try to take a better picture I don't know.

Ok, I managed to take decent pictures and also wanted to point something out.
After booting in verbose successfully I went to shutdown to see what will happen. I pressed shutdown then the black window came up in verbose and it wrote "unmount failed"

I don't know what it could point to but just letting you know.
here are the pictures of the panic at the boot though.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
4th picture

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
I haven't installed any usb3 kext to my knowledge but it may be in the dsdt perhaps?
anyhow here is a list of the kext I have in E/E
acipimonitor, alc8xxhda, fakesmc, intelthermal, jmicron36xata, jmicron36xesata, jmicron36xsata, superiofamily.

Edit: I found the pxhCD you're talking about ...its in /System/Library/Extensions
folder.

Ok, well here's my suggestion, if you don't use USB3 I'd suggest you trash it, and run System Utilities in Multibeast. Then see if it corrects the problem. :confused: If you ever did decide you wanted USB3 back, you can always install it through Multibeast.

OK, I tried your suggestion and am glad to say it worked!! :D
well, So far I shutdown once and it booted back up just fine afterwards!
I'm going to try a second time to make sure but thank you for your help so far.

Just another quick question. Why does it say OS version unknown in that verbose picture I posted here?
at the bottom "Mac OS Version - Not Yet Set"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back