Contribute
Register

Craig's Build: ASUS P8P67-LE / i5-2400 / GTX 550 Ti / 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if is an EFI string or something I just followed a tutorial. I used a program to generate a string and put it in boot.plist and disabled the GraphicsEnabler (I'm new to all this Mac-on-pc stuff)

Here is: http://pastebin.com/FgfHwhSa.

Well even with EFI string the performance sucks :|, i have 11 fps in cinebench, if you still want details about EFI String just tell me but I think is pretty useless.

Btw, now if I try to use the patch from MB (would i get > fps if i use it??? )it just won't work... I use MB, restart but my nvidia is seen as Display 4 MB...

I will stay with EFI string for a while since I use my mac only for XCode and iphone development but i will try to install cuda drivers now

Tried again with MB patch, not working, as I thought, I will stay with EFI String.

I'm so sad :( Nothing is working, I tried this http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=247529#p247529 , I checked if i have 3,1 smbios and I copy'ed that to my plist except the DSDT thing since mine is not in /Extra, however I have 11 fps in cinebench :thumbdown: Everything I tried is not working for me, I iwll consider buying a new video card.

So for everyone who wants to buy a GTX 550 TI for hackintosh I don't recommend you to do it, since is not working OOB (as most of the idiots said in HCL, because you have full resoultion and transparent menu bar != OOB)

My last hope is that ML will have a better support for my card...

I just ran Cinebench 11.5 on my system and here are my scores, is this what you have run?
Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 18.50.10.png

In the test for CPU it was recognised with only two cores? strange!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 18.50.10.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 18.50.10.png
    49 KB · Views: 190
Yes, and I have 10-15 fps.

I'm thinking at 2 things:
1. Should I try another System Definition? Mine is 3,1 atm...
2. I don't know why, if i apply the patch from MB, boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and delete the string from my boot.plist my video card is not recognized... is so strange :( Am I missing something? Because I want to get rid of that EFI string and try with MB patch again but for some reason is not working :(
When I'm booting with -v I can see GeForce GTX 550 TI 1536 MB detected or something like that but after I log it it says Display 4 MB (or 3, who cares? )

Later edit: I want to try something, can you upload please your GeForceGLDriver or any special kext you use for GTX 550 TI? And really sorry for messing up your thread I should open a new one if I can't get it fixed :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andrei :wave:

If you currently have a working DSDT upload that in your next post and send me it, I'll try adding your (our) graphics card to it. Apart from the DSDT edits, I have installed the open gl update for 10.7.2+ from Multibeast and the nVidia Cuda drivers I've linked to in my first post. So make sure you have both of them installed!

I have Mac Pro 3,1 definition and that's the most preferable, do you have your graphics card in the first slot available to do so?

I'm really happy you posted here! I opened this thread largely to help people who have the 550 Ti cause it can be VERY problematic.

So upload your DSDT, I'll attempt the edits and make sure you have what I said installed :thumbup:

I have CUDA drivers installed and the MB patch (as i told you above :D ) I tried to install many times but without luck, still no resolution and my Video card is not recognized.

Well, I had a problem with DSDT (I'm lucky as **** eh? ) I couldn't find it in /extra so I said hm not big deal, I used DSDTSE and extract my DSDT but when I try to install it in /Extra nothing happens, well I leave it alone and I copy and paste my DSDT from dsdtse application and put it in a .rtf o_O

However, here you are:

P.S Do you think is necesarry to post my boot.plist and my smbios?

O and, I can't thank you enough for helping man :clap: If you need any information about my system please ask in here or PM I will reply you as soon as possible.

lateredit: Ok i got it, i used the DSDTSE and clicked on compile not install and i could save my dsdt.aml on any location (i put it on desktop atm) and I will try to put in my boot.plist the location of it after hopefully i get it edited.

Thanks,
Andrei

Attachments

• DSDT.rtf
    189 KB · Views: 281
  • dsdt.dsl
    181.6 KB · Views: 151
  • dsdt.aml
    19.7 KB · Views: 147
Sorry been busing with Uni stuff and iOS app writing!

So you haven't previously been using a DSDT? So the DSDT.aml doesn't include any patches for your motherboard?

If your DSDT has not been patched and is just an extract, is this your EXACT motherboard?
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... ifications

EDIT
if you can have a working DSDT I shall be able to get the graphics edit for you, hopefully. Unfortunately I am struggling as I can't find a patch for your motherboard :<

Ye, that's my motherboard :banghead: . So it means that I will never be able to make my gtx 550 ti run OOB?

I was also trying to make a hackintosh for my old N5110 i7 laptop but when im booting from flash drive (used UniBeast method) is stuck at Still waiting for Root device, checked the forums, i tried all possible combination of boot flags but still nothing.
Unfortunately i think i will end by buying a real mac so I will be able to continue my projects in objective C in a decent environment. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back