CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since installing Mavericks I've been thin, crackling audio. I'm on a GA-z77-ds3h board and installed the ALC887/888b drivers (I think). Is there something else I should be using?

Motherboard
OS X 10.9 Mavericks
CPU
i5 2400
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having similar issues--crackling sound / static distortion of sound intermittently since the update to Mavericks from Mountain Lion. Even booted into Windows, no audio issues there. Tried directly to headphones, and to speakers, same issue--and it happens intermittently, so it's not all the time. Using the MSI Z77MA-G45 motherboard, with the ALC892 drivers.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z77-ds3h
CPU
Graphics
Gtx 1060 6GB Gainward Phoenix
same here
I've the same z77 ds3h motherboard.upgraded to mavericks too. after about 10 minutes of full functionality the sound gets "robotic" and fuzzy
I thought it was a skype problem but then it also happened while watching a movie

can someone help us?

Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H-F10
CPU
i5-5430
Graphics
GT 430
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
same here
I've the same z77 ds3h motherboard.upgraded to mavericks too. after about 10 minutes of full functionality the sound gets "robotic" and fuzzy
I thought it was a skype problem but then it also happened while watching a movie

can someone help us?

kind of the same problem for me too, if i have any player running itunes, vlc etc and if i start an youtube video even muted my sound also gets fuzzy , like coming from a broken speaker ...

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H rev.1.0
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
same here

can someone help us?

I reinstalled 887/888b Current (without DSDT) and I haven't noticed the problem for several days. Who knows if that's permanent now.

Now if I can just update stuff from the App Store...

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Core i7 3770
Graphics
HD6770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Well +1 for me, I have the same issue since I upgraded to Mavericks

I tried several drivers but no solution. The only workaroud I've found is by restarting audio driver when sound is robotic. (Sometimes 2 or 3 times), but if fixes the issue until it reappears (that avoid a reboot)

I hope someone will be able to look at this

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Core i7 3770
Graphics
HD6770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Well +1 for me, I have the same issue since I upgraded to Mavericks

I tried several drivers but no solution. The only workaroud I've found is by restarting audio driver when sound is robotic. (Sometimes 2 or 3 times), but if fixes the issue until it reappears (that avoid a reboot)

I hope someone will be able to look at this

Well I did some experiments and have a solution on my side :
Open Utilities -> Audio and Midi
In the Built in Output you're using : set Format 96000Hz, 2ch 16 bits

With this config I have no more crackling audio