CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since installing Mavericks I've been thin, crackling audio. I'm on a GA-z77-ds3h board and installed the ALC887/888b drivers (I think). Is there something else I should be using?

I'm having similar issues--crackling sound / static distortion of sound intermittently since the update to Mavericks from Mountain Lion. Even booted into Windows, no audio issues there. Tried directly to headphones, and to speakers, same issue--and it happens intermittently, so it's not all the time. Using the MSI Z77MA-G45 motherboard, with the ALC892 drivers.

same here
I've the same z77 ds3h motherboard.upgraded to mavericks too. after about 10 minutes of full functionality the sound gets "robotic" and fuzzy
I thought it was a skype problem but then it also happened while watching a movie

can someone help us?

same here
I've the same z77 ds3h motherboard.upgraded to mavericks too. after about 10 minutes of full functionality the sound gets "robotic" and fuzzy
I thought it was a skype problem but then it also happened while watching a movie

can someone help us?

kind of the same problem for me too, if i have any player running itunes, vlc etc and if i start an youtube video even muted my sound also gets fuzzy , like coming from a broken speaker ...

same here

can someone help us?

I reinstalled 887/888b Current (without DSDT) and I haven't noticed the problem for several days. Who knows if that's permanent now.

Now if I can just update stuff from the App Store...

Well +1 for me, I have the same issue since I upgraded to Mavericks

I tried several drivers but no solution. The only workaroud I've found is by restarting audio driver when sound is robotic. (Sometimes 2 or 3 times), but if fixes the issue until it reappears (that avoid a reboot)

I hope someone will be able to look at this

Well +1 for me, I have the same issue since I upgraded to Mavericks

I tried several drivers but no solution. The only workaroud I've found is by restarting audio driver when sound is robotic. (Sometimes 2 or 3 times), but if fixes the issue until it reappears (that avoid a reboot)

I hope someone will be able to look at this

Well I did some experiments and have a solution on my side :
Open Utilities -> Audio and Midi
In the Built in Output you're using : set Format 96000Hz, 2ch 16 bits

With this config I have no more crackling audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back