i7-8770K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks, I'm still quite new to the forum so pardon me if I am posting in the wrong area.

I'm planning to build my first Hackintosh using Tony's recommendations for the new Ivy Bridge-plus-Mountain Lion CustoMac. Generally I'm happy to take his hardware list with little deviation, but I did see a case that I liked.

The Corsair Vengeance C70 (gaming case) looks pretty bad-ass. I like the industrial style of it, and compared to the recommended Corsair Carbide 300R, it has a tool-less side panel and some top-side handles. Apparently, it's based on Corsair's Obsidian 550D, with the difference being that the 550D is designed for silent running, whereas the C70 seems to have ventilation at the forefront.

So, has anyone used the C70? I'd be interested to hear a review from a Hackintosh point of view. Also, and more specifically, are there any conflicts or potential problems with Tony's other recommended hardware?

With all these cases, it seems they have room for many additional fans. How many extra fans should I include in my build? I'm an occasional gamer, but more realistically this will be my work computer, used for professional graphic design and sometime video watching/processing.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• vengeanceC70-lead.jpg
    vengeanceC70-lead.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 233
I don't have any experience with that particular case, but, generally speaking, case should have no effect on any of your parts. In other words, any case should be compatible as long as you're not trying to put an ATX mono in a mATX case or something like that. However, this case is full size ATX so any of the Tony-recommended parts should fit in it. Because that's a big case that's designed for ventilation, you should be fine with a single exhaust fan in the back. It looks like corsair provides 3 fans with the case, which should be more than enough.

All that being said, you may want to read through that AnandTech review, because the conclusion was somewhat negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back