CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K (5GHz OC)
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently got a Corsair K65 (not RGB) keyboard to use with my hackintosh. I already have a mechanical keyboard, the Razer Blackwidow Tournament which has worked with my 'hack perfectly for months. Because the Razer green switches sound like a rusty typewriter when I don't wear my headset, I wanted another mechanical keyboard with some quieter switches. I settled on the red switches, in a well-build tenkeyless board, and of course the K65 came to mind. However, there are a few incompatibilities that I've had trouble accounting for in OSX.

First of all there is a switch on the back that can adjust the polling rate of the USB connection. It has settings for 1,2,4,8 ms, as well as a "BIOS compatibility mode" setting. If I attach the board to windows with any setting of this switch, there are no issues. However, none of the settings seem to work properly in OSX. If I set any of the 4 polling rates on the rear switch, OSX fails to recognize any of the modifier keys and a few of the letter keys near the right side of the board. This of course makes it very difficult for me to use because I am so accustomed to keyboard shortcuts. I would assume this is caused by the emulation that is required to make N-key rollover possible.

If I set it into BIOS mode, it works mostly as expected except the shift key becomes "Sticky" and will hold its state for ~300ms after I let go of it. THis leads to SENtences that HAVE a lot more capital LEtters than they SHOUld. OTHer than this and the blinking light indicating BIOS MOde, I wouldn't have any problems. ANYOne know any solutions? I can upload some screenshots in the morning.

I've tried to use Karabiner in order to get "modifier flag sync" which should allow NKRO boards that emulate multiple different keyboards to sync their modifier keys between each virtual keyboard. However, it seems that this is not how the K65 emulates its interface, so it didn't work.

My K65 has no trouble with the shift key "sticky" issue. Are you plugging in BOTH connectors or just one? Also, I have my switch set to the 1 position. Have you set the keyboard in System Preferences? Did you set the Modifier Key option? See pict below.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 12.50.02 PM.png

As a side note, I was running ckb to play with the lighting but Sierra broke it. I just deleted ckb from my system today. :cry::cry:

My K65 has no trouble with the shift key "sticky" issue. Are you plugging in BOTH connectors or just one? Also, I have my switch set to the 1 position.

As a side note, I was running ckb to play with the lighting but Sierra broke it. I just deleted ckb from my system today. :cry::cry:

What do you mean, both connectors? AFAIK there's just one USB.

This issue has happened on both my hackintosh and macbook, and I have installed ckb (works for me in 10.12.6) to change colors on my corsair mouse but it makes no difference to the keyboard because it is non-RGB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back