Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So this is my (very) old PC and I wanted to ask:
Can I run Hackintosh on this pc?
and if my GPU won't work for me can I use the Intel Integrated GPU?

Thanks,
Tom

P.S.
I Want to use only OS X 10.6.8 so no need for 10.7\8\9

Core2Dou 4600\MS-7528\Amd Radeon HD 6400 First Build

So this is my (very) old PC and I wanted to ask:
Can I run Hackintosh on this pc?
and if my GPU won't work for me can I use the Intel Integrated GPU?

Thanks,
Tom

Sorry Tom, it is to old now. The last people trying G31 motherboards were having problems with 10.5, that was quite some time ago now.

If you want to get on the OS X ladder then consider one of the B75M motherboards from Gigabyte and a processor with HD4000 graphics

GA-B75M-HD3
i3-3225

That would be a good hardware update with 4GB of 1600Mhz RAM. The motherboard is not in the August buyers guide, but it works well :thumbup:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/375-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-august-2013.html

Adrian B

First of all, thanks man for helping me out with that:)
Second,Can I only update my motherboard(to socket 775) without buying a new CPU(i'm not cheap,just broke :p)?

First of all, thanks man for helping me out with that:)
Second,Can I only update my motherboard(to socket 775) without buying a new CPU(i'm not cheap,just broke :p)?

If you have a look at the downloads section (under DSDT) you will see under Gigabyte the socket 775 section. Make a note of some of the motherboards model numbers and use the site search facility (its just above your name towards the top right of your screen)
seek out a few working builds with your preferred motherboard spec, then try to find them on you preferred web auction site. With a bit of detective work and a few motherboard options you should turn up something to suit.

Working graphics cards for 10.6 are shown here - the best is to get hold of outside the USA on a budget is probably a GT210. 8800GT is a great buy if you can get one at the right price :thumbup:
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database

Good Luck

Adrian B

EDIT : I see you have probably already got a working GPU. :thumbup:

Thanks Adrian
You guys can close this thread now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back