Graphics
Sapphire HD 6670 1GB DDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, What'sup guys. So this is gonna be my first hackintosh build. Here are my specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4600
Intel DG31PR
2x2GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz
Saphhire HD 6670 1 GB DDR5.
So. I just wanted to know if this setup can run a hackintosh. I'm a complete newb here so any help will be much appreciated. :)
Thanks a Lot.. :)

No answers found. I already did the search before posting

Core 2 Duo will definitely work. The onboard network/sound on your board? That is going to be trial and error. You need to find out what they are, and you will most likely have to play with kext's.

I have a old e8400 at 3.8 ghz that has been on since it came out as a Hackintosh SL. Works fantastic with voodoosound. It is a Gigabyte board though and the kexts were easily available. It just doesn't seem to want to go past 10.6.6 SL though and that is fine. It is basically just a internet machine for everyone to use. :)

Check here.
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

It might be that you can run snow leopard, but maybe not past that. You might get stuck on a patch of snow leopard. You will have to redo kext etc after each one. You can download each individual patch under Snow Leopard at the apple store. You may have to stop at a certain one.

10.6.6 should be the goal for a duo core I would say. You get app store and the stability is fine. Everything past that has been fluff anyways, and on a slower duo core, you don't want that slowing ya down. :) Get bettertouchtools (free for snapping to a large window ala windows 7) and use chrome and you have everything except the silly launchpad that I never use on ML anyways. I am sure some people like Safari but I don't. That is about the only thing you are missing out on (the new one). That and the horrible fullscreen that you can already do in chrome/SL entering presentation mode.

Also the HD needs to be AHCI in the bios. You CAN get Snow Leopard to work sometimes without it, but it isn't always easy. If you can't change to AHCI in the bios, you are often screwed.

enabling sleep? That might never work. It being a nice Snow Leopard internet, imovie machine. Possible. :)

El Capitan 10.11.5 installation on Core 2 Duo cpu.

I was able to install El Capitan 10.11.5 to my Core 2 Duo build.
I used the Unibeast 6.2.0 to create my USB installer with Legacy support.
I booted several times using the installer, failing more than 6 times, with a lot of patience and waiting; sometimes staring on a blank screen, before finally "forcing through" the installation GUI.
I used the VGA port of my GPU though I have the DVI and HDMI.

I can only boot into my SSD through the USB installer.
I used the procedure How to Copy USB EFI contents to System Drive EFI to make my SSD directly bootable without having to use the USB installer. It takes quite a lot of waiting for the USB installer to boot.
I tried using Multibeast 8.2.0 to configure my build but it doesn't seem to work, at least for the SSD direct booting.

I have problem with my network since I'm only using the onboard network function of a Marvell 88E8056 which is not supported by Multibeast. Can someone help me on this?

Network on Systems Preferences only shows Firewire connection.

El Capitan 10.11.5 installation on Core 2 Duo cpu.

I was able to install El Capitan 10.11.5 to my Core 2 Duo build.
I used the Unibeast 6.2.0 to create my USB installer with Legacy support.
I booted several times using the installer, failing more than 6 times, with a lot of patience and waiting; sometimes staring on a blank screen, before finally "forcing through" the installation GUI.
I used the VGA port of my GPU though I have the DVI and HDMI.

I can only boot into my SSD through the USB installer.
I used the procedure How to Copy USB EFI contents to System Drive EFI to make my SSD directly bootable without having to use the USB installer. It takes quite a lot of waiting for the USB installer to boot.
I tried using Multibeast 8.2.0 to configure my build but it doesn't seem to work, at least for the SSD direct booting.

I have problem with my network since I'm only using the onboard network function of a Marvell 88E8056 which is not supported by Multibeast. Can someone help me on this?

Network on Systems Preferences only shows Firewire connection.
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4581-marvell-88e8056-for-os-x-1011/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back