Graphics
MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have everything up and running including QE/CI. But if I try to zoom the image by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel the image gets distorted.

This is what i try to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6w9t81Qe-I

See below for a screenhot of what it looks like for me.

Before I have my graphics up and runing the zoom thing works OK. But after I have enabled my graphics card with either NVenabler.kext or with EFI-string the zoom is messed up. I did a complete reinstall using Tony guide but I have the same problem.

One problem with this is I can't run XBMC or Plex. They just crash when I try to start them.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-15 at 8.52.38 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-15 at 8.52.38 PM.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 156
niclasc said:
I have everything up and running including QE/CI. But if I try to zoom the image by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel the image gets distorted.

This is what i try to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6w9t81Qe-I

See below for a screenhot of what it looks like for me.

Before I have my graphics up and runing the zoom thing works OK. But after I have enabled my graphics card with either NVenabler.kext or with EFI-string the zoom is messed up. I did a complete reinstall using Tony guide but I have the same problem.

One problem with this is I can't run XBMC or Plex. They just crash when I try to start them.

That's a really weird one- I have scroll to zoom working on my system just fine. And our systems are very much alike. :think:

The thing is it used to work. But my quest to reduce kext's made me try a lot of things. After a while I noticed this problem. First I thought that it was EFI string that caused this problem. But changeing back to NVenabler didn't help. I tried a lot of things but nothing worked. So I did a complete reinstall but its still the same. And that's weard :crazy:

Right now I have no idea what to try. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Now I have done another reinstallation and I have the same problem. What could be wrong?

Everything is OK until I install 10.6.2 update and after that NVenabler.

I also used to have both DVI anf VGA showing under "displays" in "system preferences". With both DVI and VGA connected to the same monitor I could change the arrangement of the displyas. But thats not showing any more.

I have both DVI and VGA connected because during the installation until I have installed NVenabler only VGA works. But after NVenabler only DVI works. So I have to change between them during installation

Ok, now I have done another reinstall.

After upgrade to 10.6.2 zooming still works
Then I install NVenabler and then its not working. So whats wrong? I have QE/CI (I think). But the last thing NVenbler shows during boot is "Proble failed" Why?

And once NVenabler is used I cant use my VGA port, only DVI port.

And why isn't it working now. I had it working a couple of weeks ago

niclasc said:
Ok, now I have done another reinstall.

After upgrade to 10.6.2 zooming still works
Then I install NVenabler and then its not working. So whats wrong? I have QE/CI (I think). But the last thing NVenbler shows during boot is "Proble failed" Why?

And once NVenabler is used I cant use my VGA port, only DVI port.

And why isn't it working now. I had it working a couple of weeks ago

Maybe don't use NVenabler= just use GraphicsEnabler instead in com.apple.boot.plist.

Have you tried unplugging the VGA cable and then rebooting. By the looks of your screen cap, perhaps your monitor is detected as two at some point and then as one, so an extended desktop is squeezed in one screen.

Now I've tried enabling my graphics card with info in DSDT.aml. I work OK except I have the same problem as before. So NVenabler, EFI string and DSDT edit give the exact same result.

Whats so special about my Geforce 8400GS??

niclasc said:
Now I've tried enabling my graphics card with info in DSDT.aml. I work OK except I have the same problem as before. So NVenabler, EFI string and DSDT edit give the exact same result.

Is the card in the first PCIe slot? :think:

tonymacx86 said:
niclasc said:

Is the card in the first PCIe slot? :think:

Yepp, I'm not that stupid, hehe. (I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back