Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Yes. The ITX board. The Buyers' Guide just moved it from the "Early Adopters" to the recommended board for the CustoMac Mini and Deluxe.

Of course I am still researching at this time. One of the threads talks about the BCM94360CS2 Mini PCI-E adapter combo. Some have had success with this.

Allectus
Look at my post on the previous page, post
#716.. OSX natively supports this card. Replace the existing intel card that came with your board with this one. It fits in the existing slot. Just make sure you get the correct form factor card.

Look at my post on the previous page, post
#716.. OSX natively supports this card. Replace the existing intel card that came with your board with this one. It fits in the existing slot. Just make sure you get the correct form factor card.

I had read your post, but I was not clear as to whether the card fits the slot for the current card or needs to be in one of the M.2 slots.

Thanks for the previous post and lending your knowledge.

Allectus

Acabo de instalar un sistema basado en Gigabyte Z370N Wifi con un 960 EVO en la ranura superior M.2 y una GTX 1060. Estoy tratando de descubrir lo mejor y El método más fácil para hacer funcionar Wifi (ac) y BT. Yo preferiría algo que funciona fuera de la caja. Estas son las opciones tal como las veo:

HI, my case mini atx Chieftec: BCM94360CS2 + M2 Adapter
20180416_175108.jpg

20180413_191548.jpg

I had read your post, but I was not clear as to whether the card fits the slot for the current card or needs to be in one of the M.2 slots.

Thanks for the previous post and lending your knowledge.

Allectus
No Problem! The best thing about those cards is that they're available on ebay between 20-25 bucks (They ship from china so theres a delay), you can also find them on amazon and newegg (Third party sellers).

I am leaning toward the BCM94360CS2 with the M.2 adapter. Fontanero posted some excellent pictures of what it looks like on his Z370N. Muchas Gracias.

The PCI card that Alexdan purchased looks like it would work, but I have the card slot being used by the GTX 1060. Of course I am still interested how it turns out. I may be stepping up to an matx build soon.

HitmanKB suggested the BCM94352Z NGFF Dual Band 802.11ac 867M. This is a possibility, but I read a post somewhere along the way that this card has a lower bit rate compared to the BCM94360CS2.

Any further solutions will be also considered.

Allectus

Hey guys, thanks for the good read, but man it seems that connecting these WiFi Adapters and cards can be rather hit and miss, so before I make a mistake, do these items mesh together and work well for builds?

Broadcom Bcm94360cs Bcm94360csax Bcm4360 Bluetooth Bt Wireless Wifi Card Module for Apple Laptop A1398 A1502 653-0029 802.11ac
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PDN4H9E/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

BCM94360CD / BCM94331CD to PCI-E PCI Express x1 Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017YQHEA6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thanks in advance.

I just installed a Gigabyte Z370N Wifi based system with a 960 EVO in the top M.2 slot and a GTX 1060. I'm trying to figure out the best and easiest method for getting Wifi(ac) and BT to work. I would prefer something that functions out of the box. Here are the options as I see them:

1. Use a card in the bottom M.2 drive. I think an adapter would make it too thick.
2. Swap out the Intel Wifi/BT half mini with a Broadcom half mini. Getting the right kexts in the right place is a bit daunting for me, but I'm learning.
3. Get a USB Wifi adapter and install the drivers.

What is the best solution in your collective opinion?

V/R
Allectus
Remove the Intel module that comes with the motherboard and plug in a native Broadcom module+adapter with 2 (!!) antennas so you can use the one of the motherboard to connect them. like the BCM94360CS2

Remove the Intel module that comes with the motherboard and plug in a native Broadcom module+adapter with 2 (!!) antennas so you can use the one of the motherboard to connect them. like the BCM94360CS2

The BCM94360CS2 was my final decision. It is on the way from Amazon. In the mean time I picked up a D-Link DWA-182 C1 which I am using now. It works, but it does not do the full 5 GHz like I want. I will ask another forum on this site what do do about that.

Gracias a ti :thumbup:

Back