i5-4690 - 3.5GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 SC 3GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hmmm. Double-check. Unless it's something very special it should have 6 pins left side of notch from front like this one...

https://www.ebay.com/p/Broadcom-Bcm...Mac-Airport/1839253691?_trksid=p2047675.l2644

In which case an adapter like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-6-Pin-BCM94360CS2-BCM943224-Wireless-Card-To-NGFF-Key-A-E-Adapter-For-Mac-OS/291901446060?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

... should do it. I bought one for mine on a Gigabyte B250N Phoenix motherboard. It comes from the Far East and is available on the US store. As I say, unless yours is a special model. Double check the Gigabyte specs to ensure the motherboard socket is the same as the adapter etc.

I bought one myself. Took a while to arrive though...

:)
No can do. Look at the two images - you can clearly see that the M2 card simply doesn't fit in the provided socket. :(
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tgws3vyjuus9jnv/IMG_0658.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoql8hvw5ovk6zj/IMG_0659.jpg?dl=0

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming - Clover UEFI 5102
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570 8gb HDMI 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just installed the recommended "official" PCI-e adapter card and WiFi/BT module in my Hackintosh running High Sierra 10.13.2, and noted the following:

1) WiFi is about 2x faster than with the prior "recommended" Fenvi card. Sweet.
2) Airdrop worked immediately; it didn't work at ALL with the Fenvi card and BT dongle.
3) I used the "Continuity Activation Tool" (version 2) to (duh) activate continuity.
3) To get Continuity and Handoff working, I had to sign OUT of iCloud on my Hackintosh AND iOS device (iPhone X), sign back in, and restart BOTH devices (Hackintosh and iOS device)
4) To get my Apple Watch to unlock my Hackintosh, I had to UNcheck "Wake for Network Access" in the Energy Saver preferences.

This was essentially the last hurdle to achieve Hackintosh nirvana, and as far as I can tell, everything is working as well as a real Mac, only WAY faster and WAY cheaper. Bravo to this community and the gracious experts that made this possible!

Motherboard
Asus Z-87 Pro WLAN
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 // GTX 980
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yosemite's new Handoff and Continuity features are pretty amazing. This includes making phone calls, picking up where you left off in apps on other Apple devices seamlessly. Unfortunately even the latest USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongles aren't working at all with this feature. Fortunately there are solutions available that make these features work 100%.

View attachment 112141
The best way to get Handoff and Continuity features activated is using a native Apple mini networking card from a real 2013/2014 Mac with a specially modified PCIe or mini-PCIe Adapter. I've put a few of these together, and confirm that they work really well. Check out my album below:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/tonymacx86/albums/handoff-phone-call-yosemite/

The first one I made was using an older MacBook Air card with the PCIe adapter. It connects both to PCIe slot and to USB hub on the motherboard. The MacBook card only had 2 antenna pins which were too small and too few for the 4 antenna PCIe adapter. I ended up ordering a iMac card which fit perfectly with PCIe adapter's 4 antenna pins. Both cards work fine with the mini-PCIe adapter as well- however you need to make sure your motherboard (I used an ITX with built in mini-PCIe slot) is fully bluetooth powered. If I were to do it again, I'd get the iMac card first, but both cards are identical Broadcom chipsets.

The following screenshots show how the card shows up on a CustoMac. It's a fully native Broadcom BCM43xx wifi with BRCM20702 Bluetooth USB hub.

View attachment 112142

View attachment 112143
View attachment 112145
View attachment 112144You can find the adapters and cards readily available on Amazon or eBay, usually shipping from China. This method provides the best cost savings- I was able to make a full unit for under $50. In addition the website osxwifi.com sells the full package- no assembly required. This method costs extra because of the convenience and assurance that the right parts are ordered.

Continuity Activation Tool is an open source script to get Continuity working with some older Macs built in Bluetooth module- this could also work with some Bluetooth 3.0 cards. Check out Github for the latest download of Continuity Activation Tool. Unfortunately this doesn't enable 3rd party USB Bluetooth devices though such as the IOGear Bluetooth dongle. EDIT: Continuity Activation Tool 2.0 works with some Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongles.

If you've ordered or enabled a specific card or adapter, this thread is to list all working and functional WIFI/BT adapters which work with Handoff and Continuity features in OS X Yosemite.

Please provide as much detail as possible including model numbers, photos, and screenshots when listing your card and adapter. Thanks!

:mrgreen:
Sorry for the stupid question,but when I buy an offer like this ( https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8603-21 ), I only have the adapter for the Apple WIFI Card and I need to buy the BCM94360CD also, right?

Because on the picture it looks like that there is a WIFI card inside.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Could you please post where you bought the parts.

@trs96
I asked the ebay seller and this is his answer : hello , this item is include : bcm94360cd wlan card , adapter , antennas ,thanks
I purchased one used from a private eBay seller. These apparently are available only from China. In any case, do an eBay search for: "apple broadcom bcm94360cd 802.11ac mini wlan bluetooth 4.0 wireless card" for the card itself, and search for "BCM94331CD to PCI-E 1X Adapter + 4 x Wireless Antenna USB Cable" for the PCIe adapter.

Good luck!

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070
Sorry if I've missed it, however is there a solution for the Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI in an ITX build? If it's been discussed elsewhere please let me know. Thanks!

Kenny

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry if I've missed it, however is there a solution for the Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI in an ITX build? If it's been discussed elsewhere please let me know. Thanks!

Kenny
Hi there.

If you mean getting the onboard wi-fi to work natively, the answer is probably "no". You May need to change the wi-fi/BT chip. I had a Gigabyte 200-series ITX board for a while and it used the Intel wi-fi chipset. This isn't yet supported on macOS and I had to change it for a Broadcom model fitted in an adapter, to fit the motherboard riser socket.

There's a lot of guidance hereabouts on what's needed. I got an adapter from eBay (took about a month to arrive though) but my Broadcom card was more local and only took a few days.

Here's someone who build a hackintosh on the same motherboard.

The Gigabyte board is a very compatible one.

:thumbup:

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070
Hey UtterDisbelief, thanks for the reply. I was referring to fact that almost all itx boards only have 1 pcie slot so the solution in the first post on here wouldn't work. So I was asking if there was another solution for itx builds. After some digging, I found that the Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF Dual Band 802.11ac 867M Wifi BT 4.0 is what itx hackintosh builders have been using and from what I can see everything works with this card (WiFi, BT, continuity) as the drivers are natively supported within osx.. and they seem pretty cheap, 20-30 bucks. Also, from what I can see, they are m2 slotted adapter so its a direct replacement for the intel cards that are already in the slots.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey UtterDisbelief, thanks for the reply. I was referring to fact that almost all itx boards only have 1 pcie slot so the solution in the first post on here wouldn't work. So I was asking if there was another solution for itx builds. After some digging, I found that the Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF Dual Band 802.11ac 867M Wifi BT 4.0 is what itx hackintosh builders have been using and from what I can see everything works with this card (WiFi, BT, continuity) as the drivers are natively supported within osx.. and they seem pretty cheap, 20-30 bucks. Also, from what I can see, they are m2 slotted adapter so its a direct replacement for the intel cards that are already in the slots.
Sounds like you have it sorted! :thumbup:

Yes, I guess it's what you can find to hand. The original Apple-fitted items need adapters (like mine) and a lot of people use them in ITX boards. I did for a very short time. But if you've found a Broadcom-based card that fits without an adapter, it sounds a better solution. It's more compact. Only small problem I had was that the ITX backplate only had two aerial connectors, whereas my Apple card has three. From what I've seen of your card it only requires two though, so everything should be neat.

Out of interest I did try a PCIe wireless card in the only PCIe slot and despite it being a X16 version designed for GPUs, the wifi card worked fine.

:)