Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Anyone who have tried one of these (Seller claims native support in OS X):
bcm94360cd.jpg
As the current combo I have (Real iMac card + adapter) causes KP after sleep (I suspect that I got a faulty card (The white part of the card has some blue color on it and I suspect that it was discarded for some reason), and I don't really want to play the roulette again).

View attachment 210924
As the current combo I have (Real iMac card + adapter) causes KP after sleep (I suspect that I got a faulty card (The white part of the card has some blue color on it and I suspect that it was discarded for some reason), and I don't really want to play the roulette again).
I'm running this card currently. Wifi and bluetooth work out of the box in both El Capitan and Sierra.

It shows in the system profile that bluetooth is handoff capable. Haven't throughly tested handoff and continuity yet, during some quick tests it looked like it wasn't working correctly by apps not showing up in the dock on the Mac but that seems to happen to a lot of people and some logging in out dance solves it for some of them. Need to find some time to look into it.

I'm running this card currently. Wifi and bluetooth work out of the box in both El Capitan and Sierra.

It shows in the system profile that bluetooth is handoff capable. Haven't throughly tested handoff and continuity yet, during some quick tests it looked like it wasn't working correctly by apps not showing up in the dock on the Mac but that seems to happen to a lot of people and some logging in out dance solves it for some of them. Need to find some time to look into it.
Thanks

Does sleep work correctly for you? (And did you have sleep working before adding the card?)

Yeah handoff can be a pain to get working even on real Macs.

If possible could you also give me the first 3 pairs of the MAC address for both wifi and bluetooth?
(Like this: 42:42:42:xx:xx:xx)

Last edited:

Sorry for the late reaction. Sleep seems to work fine.

Bluetooth: 88:63:df:xx:xx:xx
Wifi: 88:63:df:xx:xx:xx

Awesome thanks! Just ordered one off ebay, I was asking the same question in the other thread! Cheers.

View attachment 210924

Although the one I found has 3 antennas and PCB reads Version 2.0...Go figure...

Sorry for the late reaction. Sleep seems to work fine.

Bluetooth: 88:63:df:xx:xx:xx
Wifi: 88:63:df:xx:xx:xx
Great, thanks! So it seems like they even spoof the MAC address to one of Apple's ranges.

Hello lads,

I would appreciate some advice. So I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21 this card on amazon and because my PCIe-x1 slot was blocked by the graphics card i plugged it in to x4.

The Wifi works, the Bluetooth seems to work as well - i can connect to BT headset and send files through AirDrop.
The continuity is however off.

Therefore, a few question:
  1. I get "Bluetooth PAN is not connected" in the preferences - is this a problem? And may it be related to the PCIe-x4 connection instead of PCIe-x1?
  2. How does this work with Ethernet - I use a kext to enable Ethernet driver, AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext - would it help anything if I will remove it (since I know have internet through wifi)?
Thank you.

Back