Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

anybody with sierra and 'Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your mac' working?

I basically need a Bluetooth 4 USB dongle, and before I buy one I just REALLY want to know it works for the function that I want, unlocking the computer with my watch.

Thanks!

I have got a 943602CS, with native sound chip all combined in a PCI-E card and it is working (about $60USD)

AirDrop functioning properly but there's no handoff, even after I enabled it, whats the deal here?

I have got a 943602CS, with native sound chip all combined in a PCI-E card and it is working (about $60USD)

AirDrop functioning properly but there's no handoff, even after I enabled it, whats the deal here?

What do you mean native sound chip

But this is a WiFi+Bluetooth chip.
What does audio has to do with anything.
Confused

Audio is of-topic. Audio has nothing to do with WIFI/Bluetooth Combo cards.

Just got this combo myself. Can't wait to try it. Rather than using the ugly plastic antennas I want to use the built in ones in my Mac Pro case. Will it still work?[/QUOTE said:
Tekkboi the short answer is maybe. The long answer is this:
An antenna is not just a random piece of metal. It is a metallic object with an electrical length that is tuned to the resonance of a particular frequency or frequency range. Often times with very specific shapes designed to give the pickup pattern very specific characteristics. With laptops we're probably not too concerned with pickup pattern because it's most likely either a simple dipole or a loop. What we ARE concerned with however are a few other things that are very important. We're concerned with the incredibly short wavelength of microwaves at this frequency. Microwaves are tiny and that makes creating a properly measured antenna very difficult by hand. So if you use an antenna from a card using the same standard you should still be fine. However we're still not done, there is the aspect of nearby metal which can become a parasitic element or a reflector. In other words metal doesn't have to be touching the antenna to become part of it. I would assume that is taken into account in the engineering of the device. Maybe I give them too much credit. Also, since you'll probably be connecting this, and this is your number one most likely point of failure, make sure that you either have a proper feedline that matches your antennas impedance and the wireless cards impedance, or that if you aren't, and you're soddering this together, make sure that it's a good joint, again, know the impedance of your line. Also, long feed line runs create ridiculous amounts of loss at microwave frequencies (wifi). Hopefully I was helpful.

Would you be so kind and post instructions so I can learn how you did it?

Today I bought the ASUS USB Adapter with Bluetooth (USB-BT400) as it was recommended since it uses the same bluetooth chip that real Macs but I don't see that option anywhere.

Can you please provide steps you took to make it work?

Would you be so kind and post instructions so I can learn how you did it?

Today I bought the ASUS USB Adapter with Bluetooth (USB-BT400) as it was recommended since it uses the same bluetooth chip that real Macs but I don't see that option anywhere.

Can you please provide steps you took to make it work?
I had the same thing with the same card.
I fixed it by doing the following:
1. Made sure that I have the correct SMBIOS - turns out the serial number was incorrect so i had to regenerate it again (covered in details here - https://tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/)
2. Disabled SIP (ox67 flag in Rt Variables in CsrActiveConfig) in Clover)
3. Ran Continuity Activation Tool
4. Turned on Handoff in "General" in System Preferences
5. Logged in to my iCloud on the Hack.

Everything started working.

Back