Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

I grabbed the complete package deal off Amazon, only issue is BT doesn't work. In console I see the below. Any ideas?

8/28/16 6:21:59.000 PM kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothFamily][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
The board should have a USB cable, did you connect that? (I'm sorry if this is obvious).

Hi,

I mentioned that I bought AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E and wasn't sure about which adapter to get.

I bought Fenvi Wireless Network WIFI mini PCI-E Card (half and fully size with 2 antennas interface) to Desktop PC PCI-E Express Adapter Converter and plugged it in, attached the clips from the adapter's cables to the Broadcom card.

And I plugged in the bluetooth cable into a usb port on my Mobo [see sig].

When I plugged it in, the adapter light turns on, but the computer doesn't boot into the BIOS and just stays on with an aggressive fan but resets to repeat the procedure.

Tried plugging it in to a different port but it doesn't work.

Additionally, the keyboard/mouse lights don't turn on when the adapter is plugged in.

Removing the adapter means that the computer turns on and boots like normal.

Do I have a faulty adapter or the wrong one?

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for reading.

My system hangs on startup.

My card is the Broadcom BCM94360CD BCM4360CD 802.11ac mini PCI-E WiFi WLAN Bluetooth 4.0 Card for Apple by Huasijie
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L35XSMS/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

My adapter is the Fenvi (Special Use) Wireless WIFI Card to Desktop PC PCI-E Express Adapter Converter + Low-profile Bracket for Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD Module
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0144KJOIA/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I only have one internal usb, currently used by the multi-card reader. However, the pins needed for the bluetooth usb were unused on my card reader usb plug, so I pulled the two bluetooth pins out of the internal plug "jacket" and set them into the same "jacket" as the card reader so both devices can be plugged into the one internal port at once, each using its specified pins.

I would like to know if it's my card, my adapter, or my usb plug modification that is keeping my system from starting up when the card is installed. Normally, it starts up fine. With the card in place, this is the verbose message that I get on startup.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2470.JPG
    694.3 KB · Views: 155
Verified I have it disabled.

I dug around a bit and I can see that USB 2.0 Bus -> Hub -> BCM20702A0 is present. This makes me believe its an issue with kexts so I'm going to dig around a bit more and see.

BCM20702A0 Is Bluetooth not sure on why you're getting kernel panic relating to Bluetooth maybe the card is defective. Test card on another hack.

BCM20702A0 Is Bluetooth not sure on why you're getting kernel panic relating to Bluetooth maybe the card is defective. Test card on another hack.

No kernel panics. I installed bcrm2 kexts and edited some plist but it doesn't appear to load the correct drivers under the hood. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the specific bluetooth module and if it ended in A1 has a higher chance of being supported. Ultimatley it appears sellers are either selling unofficial wifi+bluetooth combos.

No kernel panics. I installed bcrm2 kexts and edited some plist but it doesn't appear to load the correct drivers under the hood. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the specific bluetooth module and if it ended in A1 has a higher chance of being supported. Ultimatley it appears sellers are either selling unofficial wifi+bluetooth combos.

Got to be careful with some of them on eBay that's from China as some are unofficial cards. I got mine from Amazon. But if it doesn't load with Apples stock kexts then there's something wrong.

I currently have a hackintosh i just built with a Gigabyte Z10MX motherboard with El Capitan installed, I'm new to this so I'm hesitant on what i should buy to enable hand off and have Bluetooth/wifi working?

Back