Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

When the card is in a x4 or x16 slot BT often doesn't work but everything else does. Also check that the USB 2 cable is connected and the header is working on the motherboard. Just a few ideas to check out.

I had the same problem with my H97M-D3H turns out its the Adaptor i was using. Certain adaptors are problematic.

Using the Fenvi T919 card as well in Sierra on a fresh install and it seems to work. Handoff is functioning. But am having troubles keeping a Magic Mouse and Apple Keyboard connected...keeps saying connection dropped then a few second later they reconnect. Wifi has been normal.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Are you sure handoff is working? if it pops up on the Mac it doesn't mean its fully functioning, it does this for me but then when I click it it reports that handoff could not be completed.

Are you sure handoff is working? if it pops up on the Mac it doesn't mean its fully functioning, it does this for me but then when I click it it reports that handoff could not be completed.
I got the exact same problem with the fenvi t919.
Bluetooth works fine wifi too (but i always need to select to connect).
I know that the bluetooth has a stable connection because of the magic keyboard mouse and trackpad that work flawlessly.
Just handoff and continuity doesnt work.
My ios device doesnt find the bluetooth but the pc does find the phone.
Then says connected for a few seconds amd then a message but im not near the pc so i dont know the exact message..

:banghead: Thats the reason i bought the card. Does it work in el capitan?

Not working after all...Airdrop does work.

I guess my bigger question is should I even bother with this Fenvi card or is there a better option. Right now, I'm also having instant wake issues and I suspect it's the card.

Is there a better handoff solution for Sierra? I don't mind spending the money if it means a more reliable experience.

Everything works except handoff and Apple Watch unlock AFAIK. There is no solution currently for handoff on Sierra.

See post #2323: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/page-233

After some more tinkering, getting similar results. Parts of Continuity are working in Sierra 10.12.2. I moved the connection of my Fenvi T919 to a different motherboard USB header port. It seems to have jiggered something (not clear what) that has made the bluetooth more stable. Might be random luck but tried Mail, Pages, and was able to go back and forth between composing documents on my iPhone 7 and my computer. Clipboard also worked. Mac keyboard, Magic Mouse, and trackpad have stayed paired. (fingers crossed)

Not yet able to make a call using my iPhone, use the Apple Unlock feature (getting "not able to communicate with the Apple Watch" during setup), or connect to my hotspot.

Last edited:
Everything works except handoff and Apple Watch unlock AFAIK. There is no solution currently for handoff on Sierra.

See post #2323: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/page-233

I was able to get handoff working under Sierra 10.12.2 with my iPhone and my iWatch is working with Auto-unlock.

It activated after I updated my system definition to 17,1 and then updated my iMessage settings with P1grim's tutorial.

I'm not sure the system definition did it as much as the changes to iMessage. Previously, it was working but only sporadically. I think when I added all the serials explained in the tutorial, that helped the other issues (but I'm new and only guessing).

The watch is able to log into the computer after sleep...says 'unlocking with Apple Watch.' Before, it wouldn't even connect when trying to setup in preferences/security.

Only thing I can't yet do is WiFi Calling. When I click the option to upgrade then click 'Enable,' nothing happens. On my MacBook, it authenticates and asks for a code from my iPhone. But calls through the phone are good.

Last edited:
Back