Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Just ordered the FV-T919A from amazon. Will be receiving it on Saturday when I will be attempting my first hackintosh build. Wish me luck! I'm pretty excited. Will report back with my troubles/findings.

I just received that exact card today... and I get a kernel panic on boot.

I looked through this thread and see my clover configurator system definition is a bit dated (14,2). I'll update that to 17,1, and try again.

Unfortunately, I need to take off, so I won't get to try this until later on tonight. Something tells me I'll have to reset my iMessage setup :)

Last edited:
I just received that exact card today... and I get a kernel panic on boot. I tried seeding it in a couple of pci-e slots. Will report back after I comb through this thread a bit more. I thought this was a no-configuration card, correct?

Is this a new build or did you swap it out for an older card? maybe you left in some older files for the original card.

Is this a new build or did you swap it out for an older card? maybe you left in some older files for the original card.
I edited my post - I have an old system definition. I can see how that could be the cause - but will have to verify later today.

its supposed to be 14,2 that is the recommended definition. maybe flush your ktext boot cache or whatever its called.

I just received that exact card today... and I get a kernel panic on boot.

I looked through this thread and see my clover configurator system definition is a bit dated (14,2). I'll update that to 17,1, and try again.

Unfortunately, I need to take off, so I won't get to try this until later on tonight. Something tells me I'll have to reset my iMessage setup :)

Did you disable Serial Port in the BIOS? Serial Port is known to cause kernel panics relating to IOBluetooth theres no need to change SMBIOS.

its supposed to be 14,2 that is the recommended definition. maybe flush your ktext boot cache or whatever its called.

Did you disable Serial Port in the BIOS? Serial Port is known to cause kernel panics relating to IOBluetooth theres no need to change SMBIOS.

I'll try both a bit later - thanks in advance for the advice!

When I did a new build, the card caused some crashes in the beginning. Switching to a new PCI slot worked and I used 14,2 definition then switched later to 17,1. I also recall switching the USB header port the card was originally plugged into...don't think that helped as much as changing to a new PCI but may want to give it a shot. Maybe consider unplugging USB for troubleshooting and see if system boots, then plug it back in.

Last edited:
FYI - I've had this setup for about a year. Works fine if I remove the card...

Here's the kernal panic message - at least the start of it - any help in deciphering this?:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80072d8e74): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"AICPI\".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.31.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1672

Last edited:
When I did a new build, the card caused some crashes in the beginning. Switching to a new PCI slot worked and I used 14,2 definition then switched later to 17,1. I also recall switching the USB header port the card was originally plugged into...don't think that helped as much as changing to a new PCI but may want to give it a shot. Maybe consider unplugging USB for troubleshooting and see if system boots, then plug it back in.

If I unplug the USB connection, it still crashes with the kernel panic above....

Back