Contribute
Register

Contacts won't sync with any service (High Sierra Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the same boat. Contact syncing was fully functional at one point (probably back in Sierra). With High Sierra, contacts on the mac no longer sync with the cloud. iMessage is working. iCloud account is enabled in the contacts app. Contacts are checked in the iCloud Pref pane. iPhone and iCloud web interface are in sync with each other...

Did you try to disable/re-enable iCloud completely (not just the contacts)? I'm not brave enough to do it, way too much stuff in iCloud drive :)

Yup. Completely signed out from iCloud, restarted and signed back in. (I understand the trepidation, I did a backup first...)

Well if you every find the answer, do post here!

I've noticed that when you run /Applications/Contacts.app/Contents/MacOS/
from the terminal, you get the error messages. I get:

Error fetching donated me card: Error Domain=CNErrorDomain Code=200 "Updated Record Does Not Exist"
UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Updated Record Does Not Exist, NSLocalizedFailureReason=The save request failed because it updates a record that does not exist or has already been deleted.}

Latest Mojave has not fixed the issue.

I'm having the same issue. It was working fine in Mohave as well until the last update. Phone and iCloud online are syncing, but the computer isn't. I typically don't look at contacts on the computer, but noticed the issue in iMessage as my contact names were not coming though, but rather just phone numbers where coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back