Contribute
Register

Contacts won't sync with any service (High Sierra Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Contacts app won't sync to any service. iCloud, Google, Exchange, etc. Only shows local Contacts. Tried deleting my contacts in iCloud as well, nothing.

Tried deleting ~/Library/App support/Addressbook, in /Containers and /Caches as well, reboot, still won't work.

Had issue in High Sierra, upgraded to Mojave, still same issue. Anyone had a similar problem? (iMessage works fine)

I had similar experience. After Mojave update and logging into iCloud account, my Contacts went missing. I was able to sync them back from my iPhone with a lightning cable over iTunes. Not awesome, but works for now. I had to change my SMBIOS from imac18,3 to imacpro1,1 to get "sleep" and "Preview" working under Mojave so "Messages" was a bit wonky during the transition, but it seems to be working fine now.

Syncing them back from the phone, but after that, did they start syncing correctly? If you add one online, does it sync to your Mac now?

Nope, didn't fix it.

Potentially silly 'just to make sure' question: Is Contact sync enabled in System Preferences->iCloud?

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 10.44.52 AM.png

Potentially silly 'just to make sure' question: Is Contact sync enabled in System Preferences->iCloud?

Yep, tried that, deleting All the AddressBook folders in Library App Support, caches, containers. Basically every single google search one can do on the matter.

The only thing I haven't done is disable iCloud and re-enable (the whole thing). I fear it would mess up my iCloud Drive too much.

Yep, tried that, deleting All the AddressBook folders in Library App Support, caches, containers. Basically every single google search one can do on the matter.

The only thing I haven't done is disable iCloud and re-enable (the whole thing). I fear it would mess up my iCloud Drive too much.

Hmm, and the iCloud account correctly shows up under Contacts.app Preferences->Accounts (and is enabled)? If so, does the "iCloud" option show up at all under Preferences->General by "Default Account"?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.19.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.19.55 PM.png
    96 KB · Views: 86
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.20.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 12.20.47 PM.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 82
Yep. And everything else iCloud works (iMessage, etc.). Very odd.

So the iCloud option shows up in preferences? Do you see the iCloud section in the sidebar in Contacts.app at all? Where I'm leading with this is, I'm wondering if things are actually being sent up to iCloud, and other devices (like your phone) just aren't picking them up (trying to pinpoint exactly where the break in comms is). What do you see if you actually log in to iCloud.com and check in the in-web Contacts?

I'm in the same boat. Contact syncing was fully functional at one point (probably back in Sierra). With High Sierra, contacts on the mac no longer sync with the cloud. iMessage is working. iCloud account is enabled in the contacts app. Contacts are checked in the iCloud Pref pane. iPhone and iCloud web interface are in sync with each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back