Confirmed GA-Z68XP-UD3 CustoMAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanx909 said:
i can confirm Bios F8 works with this set up
Z68X-UD3H-B3
Saphire HD6850
16gig Corsair XMS3

I did a clean Lion install using Tonys Unibeast USB thumb drive method + F8 DSDT

everything went really smooth compared to an install i did a month before using the snow leopard upgrade method.
Then i just had to run Multibeast Lion edition to get network and sound working

the only thing that took me a while to sort was Dual screen with the HD6850, ended up having to use the top DVI and the Display port to get dual screen working

hope that helps

It looks like you are using a different mobo than the one in this thread. X-UD3H vs. P-UD3.

Does anyone know if the F6 DSDT file for the GA-Z68XP-UD3 will work if you have bios version F8? Or is it necessary to downgrade to F6?

Thanks!

agentcooper0115 said:
It looks like you are using a different mobo than the one in this thread. X-UD3H vs. P-UD3.

Does anyone know if the F6 DSDT file for the GA-Z68XP-UD3 will work if you have bios version F8? Or is it necessary to downgrade to F6?

Thanks!

I've read somewhere on the forums that the F6 DSDT here does indeed work with F8. Mine came with F3, so I just upgraded to F6. Thinking about trying F8 just to see if it works.

Does this card Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB give you AUDIO from HDMI output???

Please let me know.

Thanks

I'm on MacPro4,1, and its fine. Also, there should be no problem with wake from USB. Has anyone got USB 3.0 to work yet on this board?

for what its worth, i was working on getting WOL to work, nothing seemed to fix it.
went back to bios, reset all the settings to default, then went through and enabled proper settings for hackintosh (ahci, 64bit)
now my WOL works if its sleeping. if the hackintosh is completely off, the WOL will not turn it on. i read up further, and found out that WOL will never work on a completely turned off osx, unlike windows, its something i didnt know before i guess

I followed others and so far everything works (minus 1 quirk) where the main HDD isn't showing up in Finder nor on the desktop.

Mine came with F6 and I'm not fixing what isn't broke yet.
I installed Lion on a 60GB SSD 6GB SATA and am going to be putting in either a pair od drives striped for working on my pictures or a single 1TB drive. (I backup to a NAS and to my Web site for the 3rd location so I don't need Machine Redundancy.)

I did userDSDT with the F6.
System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Lnx2Mac's ReatekRTL81x
3rd party SATA

GA-Z68XP-UD3
NVidia GT520
I have a Rockwell 3.5" Memory Card reader plugged into the MB USB port.
I have a SIIG USB 4port in another 3.5" slot for more front facing USB.

Update:
Turns out the HD showing was in Preferences for Finder. So I am 100% good to go now.

PhotoWheeler said:
I followed others and so far nearly everything works (minus 1 quirk) where the main HDD isn't showing up in Finder nor on the desktop (I'll search some forums.)

Mine came with F6 and I'm not fixing what isn't broke yet.
I installed Lion on a 60GB SSD 6GB SATA and am going to be putting in either a pair od drives striped for working on my pictures or a single 1TB drive. (I backup to a NAS and to my Web site for the 3rd location so I don't need Machine Redundancy.)

I did userDSDT with the F6.
System Utilities
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Lnx2Mac's ReatekRTL81x

I'm heading back to do the 3rd party SATA to see if that fixes my quirk... May wait until my Time Machine does a backup though because everything including my Bluetooth is working.

I have a Rockwell 3.5" Memory Card reader plugged into the MB USB port.
I have a SIIG USB 4port in another 3.5" slot for more front facing USB.

Honestly that just sounds like a stock feature of OSX Lion. Try this and see if it helps:

http://www.elmajdal.net/MAC_OS/How_To_Display_Hard_Disks_On_Mac_OSX_Lion_Desktop.aspx

I got the system up and running with the f6 dsdt on f8 board. No sound though. Bot sure if it's related. Going to try flashing the bios down to 6 tomorrow.

I don't think so. What option did you use for audio in MultiBeast?

I chose alc8Xxhda and apple hda rollback.

In system information I see 2 entries for intel hd audio under audio (on board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back