Contribute
Register

Confirmed GA-Z68XP-UD3 CustoMAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that it doesn't work when I have my graphics card plugged in.

I have the same motherboard, down rev'ed to F6 from F8.

However, instead of Radeon cards, I have an ASUS EN210 1 GB DDR3 graphic card. After running multi beast and starting the box from the HDD, I kept getting KP'ed

I looked at the original poster's screenshot of multi beast and and I have a couple questions.

1. would picking a system definition rather than leaving it blank cause the problem ?
2. could I choose both the 3rdParty SATA an 3rdParty eSATA or can I choose only one ?
3. Has any one had the exact same MB and graphics card combo and got it to work ? If so, what are your multi beast settings ?
4. I remember from my first successful build back in July that I needed to put the dsdt.aml on the desktop for the UserDSDT Install to work. Is that still the case ?

If and when I got it figured out, I will gladly post my settings.

ok. got it to work.

Put DSDT.aml on the desktop

Ran multi beast with only UserDSDT install, system utilities, the 2 audio options (ACL8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback) and the network driver (Lnx2Mac's Real....) plus OSx86software. that's all I checked.

Built-in audio works, network works.

Now I gotta figure out how to get the bluetooth dongle to work.

Thanks, all.

What's a hackintosh build without a couple KP's ?? LOL

I've got my system up and running. OSX sees my CPU and RAM correctly, but it won't boot into OSX without GraphicsEnabler=No. System Profiler of course says 64MB of video RAM.

Any ideas? Currently scouring the forums right now.

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0, bios F6
CPU: Intel i5-2500K
GPU: Intel HD3000
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB

I ended up having my system definition as iMac 12,2 and I only chose the 3rd party Sata, I was getting KP'd from 3rd party esata. What bluetooth dongle do you have, because I accidentally bought the BT211 instead of BT21, I ended up getting the DBT-122 and it worked OOB. Check the Wiki under peripherals.

wookiehoth said:
In the BIOS setup, you need to pick different memory buffer settings, since you're using the HD3000. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412&p=209913#p209913

And I think you would also need to select Chimera 1.6 rxxxx (xxxx is some number I don't recall) from multibeast

Thanks for the suggestion! Once I get everything figured out, I'm going to reinstall fresh. I have 16 GB of RAM installed and the VRAM setting in BIOS maxes out at 480MB. Do you think it'd be necessary to pull out 2 of the RAM sticks until I have everything up and running?

I actually got HD3000 working by using the Mac mini 5,1 System Profile in Multibeast. It seems to work well, but I have no idea if/what it's affecting in the rest of the system by being set that way. Might try iMac or MacPro on reinstall to see if those work too.

Next up is Bluetooth. Bought an Iogear GBU421 USB dongle for that.

EDIT: Bluetooth was easy. Worked OOB. Easy!

I wouldn't go anything above the Mac Pro 3, 1. I got KP'd to death every time I tried to use anything above that.

Shakin_Handz said:
I wouldn't go anything above the Mac Pro 3, 1. I got KP'd to death every time I tried to use anything above that.

MacMini 5,1 has been working fine for me. Only issue has the occasional horizontal white line, which I can't yet explain why I'm getting. Otherwise the system acts as expected. Has issues with sleep, but that's not unique at all to me.

Do you know if there's a specific reason I can't get to the Mac Pro 4 series. I've been looking for that answer, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back