Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Hmmm...that is odd that it works fine on Windoze & not Mac, then. And as far as USB, something like this should be fine: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Series-10-Foot-Hi-Speed-Cable/dp/B00062UKIY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1420049755&sr=8-4&keywords=belkin+usb+cable

YES YES YES ! I finally made my Fireface 802 works ! I updated my bios to F8m, thanks to BozKapaz, who mentioned it there :http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/143783-yosemite-z87x-ud3h.html

Happy new year everyone, it's a great community here, happy to be a part of it :D

Apogee Quartet working fine on my

Asus Z97 Deluxe
i7 4790K
32 Gb (4x8) Corsair Vengeance

Yosemite OS X

I'm also using the USB IN of the Quartet
to plug my keyboards, everything works as expected

Hi guys,
I saw that Scarlett 18i20 was listed as compatible with hackintosh but unfortunatly i bought one last few days and on 1.9.2 and 10.9.4 it doesn't work. Interface is recognized but with the last Scarlett MixControl 1.8.128.0 + Firmware 634, (i also tried the ClassCompliantMode), i still have little crackling noise :cry: I tried to put the scarlett on every USB ports (also disconnect all other USB peripherals), it's always the same problem.

Here is my configuration:

- Motherboard: ga-z87x-ud5h (the same as ga-z87x-ud3h but with firewire controller in plus)
- i7 4770k
- internal video card
- no Pci-e cards

If someone had an idea to make it works ...:( it's driving me crazy. I spent all my money without being able to work ...:cry:

I wish you a good week-end ...

Hi,

I have the same Scarlett 18i20 and was experiencing exact the same issues with cracks and pops.

Do you have the GenericUSBXHCI.kext (for USB 3.0 ) installed using MultiBeast ?
When I removed the kext the cracks and pops were gone :)

read this :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-ga-z77x-ud5h-tips-yosemite-vs-usb-3-0-a.html

I have a GA-Z97X-UD5H and it works...I didn't install any other GenericUSBXHCI.kext and have USB 3.0 working

Greetings

Hi,

I have the same Scarlett 18i20 and was experiencing exact the same issues with cracks and pops.

Do you have the GenericUSBXHCI.kext (for USB 3.0 ) installed using MultiBeast ?
When I removed the kext the cracks and pops were gone :)

read this :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-ga-z77x-ud5h-tips-yosemite-vs-usb-3-0-a.html

I have a GA-Z97X-UD5H and it works...I didn't install any other GenericUSBXHCI.kext and have USB 3.0 working

Greetings

Dude you made my day! Today i finally got my Scarlett 18i20 and i was very disappointed with these annoying clips and noise. I just deleted the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and now works fine! Thanks! :headbang::headbang:

I'm making this thread in the Hopes of building a database of Working Pro Audio Interfaces.I will update the list as entries come in and maybe we can add it to the Wiki as well..............

It would be a good idea to state your Specs & Document any problems with as much detail as possible......

PS: I know there are similar threads but hopefully this can become a sticky so new users as well as long time users can visit here when they plan to upgrade/buy..............

Audio Interfaces (FW)
Apogee Duet 1 & 2
Apogee Ensemble
Alesis iO 14
Alesis MasterControl
Behringer FCA 202
Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro
Digidesign 002 Rack
Digidesign 003 Rack
Echo Audiofire 2
Echo AudioFire 8
Echo AudioFire 12
Edirol FA-101
Ecler Evo 5
Focusrite Saffire 26
Focusrite Saffire Pro 10
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Mackie Onyx 1640
Mackie Onyx 1620
Mackie Onyx 1220i
Mackie Onyx Blackbird 1U
M-Audio Audiophile
M-Audio 410
M-Audio Fast Track
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
M-Audio's FireWire Solo
M-Audio FW1814
M-Audio Projectmix I/O
M Audio Profire 2626
M-Audio Profire lightbridge
Metric Halo 2882 expanded + DSP
Metric Halo ULN2 expanded
Metric-Halo ULN-8
Metric Halo Mobile I/O 2882+DSP
Motu 828 MkII & Mk III
Motu 8 pre
PreSonus FP10
PreSonus Firestudio 26x26
PreSonus Firestudio Tube
PreSonus FireBox
PreSonus Inspire
RME Fireface 800
RME Fireface 400
RME Fireface UC
RME Fireface UFX
Tascam FireOne
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6
TC Electronic Konnekt 24D
Terratec Phase 24
UAD Apollo Duo/QUAD
Yamaha N12
---------------------------------
Audio Interfaces (USB)
Audient iD22
Apogee Jam
Behringer UCA 202
Behringer UCA222
Edirol PCR-1
E-MU 0404
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Focusrite Saffire 6
Focusrite Forte
Lexicon alpha
Line 6 POD xt
Mackie Onyx Blackjack
MOTU Ultralite mk3
MOTU MicroBook
MOTU Track16
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R
M-Audio Audiophile
Native Instruments Rig Kontrol 3
Presonus Audiobox
RME Babyface
Tascam US-1641
Tascam US-1800
---------------------------------
Audio Interfaces (PCI/e)
Apogee Symphony I/O via Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe card
Avid OMNI
M-Audio 192 (Works with Envy drivers,but u dont have a CP,Midi & Settings are fixed)
M-Audio Delta 10/10 (Check Link)
M-Audio Delta 66 (Reportedly working in SL with 10.5.8 M-Audio drivers :eek: )
MOTU HD 192
RME HDSPe Card + Multiface1
RME digiface HDSPe expresscard
Lynx L22
Lynx AES16e
* Universal Audio UAD1 (32bit mode, 64bit doesnt work.)

Thunderbolt (1.0/2.0)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin - (Solo & Duo)

OSX86 SCD
http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

I have a problem with my Lexicon Alpha, when i connect to my Hackintosh, it is noisy..

Please help!!

2 initial reactions:

1) X99 series is not "officially" supported under OS X by Apple, so anything you do with a CustoMac build is all experimental at this this stage in the game. So you may need to consider that some of your issues may be as a result of a non-supported motherboard/chipset/cpu combination.

2) Are you connecting your Focusrite to a USB 2.0 port & not a USB 3.0??

I totally understand if you don't have any ideas since X99 is experimental, but this build is running so smooth and stable except for the audio interface glitch it's hard to be soo close, but not finished. :crazy:

Here's some more info, since I've play around with the kexts a bit.

[edit] don't know if this is significant but just realized I'm missing applehda.kext there is no file under s/l/e, should I snag one from another mac (mavericks or SL), or how do I fix this?[/edit]

Voodoo HDA 2.61 and Voodoo HDA 2.7.2 VT2021 seem to be the best option for my build and are so close to working. Logic's audio works for 30-40 minutes (huge improvement), stutters a bit, but a simple restarting of the app keeps me running - which I'm fine with (that's better than having to turn off speakers, unplug the interface and hope it works again). However, if I play songs on Spotify I only get ~15 minutes (slight improvement) worth maybe a little more.

Found out that streaming the music makes the issue worse (5 mintues) and playing off the HDD is better with Spotify offline yielding 10-20 minutes but then I have to unplug and replug in the interface for sound to work again.

Which USB port should work better?
If there are no solutions, would this be something I'd have to wait till the new Mac Pro is released, or do other x99'ers keep hacking in the meantime trying to find fixes like these. and I'll have to stumble upon it?

Lastly, is it worth trying the HDMI Audio sticky: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html or is that unrelated to audio interfaces.

Thanks again for you help BoomR, you've already helped a lot and I really appreciate it! :)

Last edited:
RME Fireface UC
MBOX 3

no problem at all!

Could help me !!! [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hallo, I read that you use moth 828 mk3 Hybrid with your Hackintosh and I need if possible you help, because I am not be able to set up corruptly my moth 828 mk3. I have installed drivers from the motu web for my sound card directly in my hackintosh and I can see the MOtu 828 in MIDI AUDIO CONFIGURATION (utily application) and in System preference, but I am not be able to hear nothing from the Motu 828 and If I try to set up the MOtu as generic OUT and try to hear something from youtube, the file in youtube doesn't work and of course I can't hear anything. I tried to change the setup in Motu but without success. Perharps I have to install some kexts ? or what else can I do? please Help me !!! my PC/mac is ASUS N550-CN015H i7 4700 hq 2.4Ghz 4 core[/FONT]8 gb ram Mavericks 10.9 on SSD Samsung 840 pro via USB
Thank you Sonia

Native Instruments Rig Kontrol 3 is running fine here, as well as a last gen M-Audio Fasttrack (not pro) and a Presonus Firestudio Tube. Actually the Tube is more stable on my hack than on my Macbook... :confused:

This is unbelivable! Probably it is only me that firestudio is not running! It is not synchronizing

Hello to all,

Thanks for the list and all the research. But my firestudio tube is not synchronizing with my hackintosh. Specs:

mobo:h87md3h

graphics:nvidia 660 gtx

Processor:i7 4770k

ssd samsung 128

+ 3 hdd for time machine and space for files.

Recently changed on the startech fw to be sure that fw does not create any problems.

Still audio interface is not synchronizing anf not recognized by the system.

Any ideas? I am starting to get despared here...:banghead:

Back