Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Re: Audio Interfaces.........

delta1010.jpg

M-AUDIO DELTA1010 still going strong...(need Envy24_SL.0.22.dmg from here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/)...

ASUS P8Z68 V PRO
CORE i5 2500k

Apogee One works only with Maestro open, otherwise it continuously beeps at you randomly at boot up, opening or closing an audio program or turning up and down the volume. Very annoying and wish I knew how to fix it.

I have an Avid Mbox 3 mini (USB) and it works fine. I like having a big volume knob on the desk. :lol: I also have a 003r (firewire) and it works perfectly also.

Alesis Mastercontrol Interface/control surface (Firewire)
Working Perfectly with Logic 9 and PT 9

E-Mu 0404 USB has worked fine for me. Beta drivers only for Snow Leopard as of June 2011.

Built my new system about a month ago and all is running great. Today I've been trying to hook up my 828mkII but no luck so far. If there is any specific instructs for this, my searches have come up dry (although a lot of you are running the MOTU with no problems).

Installed the latest Audio installer from MOTU. No signs of the828 at reboot so I was wondering what I'm missing? KEXT?

System profiler only shows the following;

FireWire Bus:
Maximum Speed: Up to 400 Mb/sec

Running an i7-960 on a X58 and need a bit of clarification - will it run off the X58 firewire?, if so, are there latency issues?
From what I've read maybe the best bet would be to drop in a firewire card?

Thanks

yeah buddy.

have you installed the DSDT and correct kexts for your mobo?

that should be the reason, as a build i built for somebody with very similar specs works great with his 828mk2.

Yea, DSDT from Tonymac database and followed the tutorials, everything installed great and sys runs fine. I was just wondering if there are any kexts for the MOTU other than the audio installed in MultiBeast.

In the meantime I've upgraded to 10.6.8 which shows the unit attached via firewire, although it doesn't say MOTU, it's the only firewire unit attached.

I have to put this a bit lower on my list now because I can only boot in safe mode, due to GTX 580 issues, however my system profiler DOES recognize the 580, which is a step forward... just need to get some grooves going in this place so I can think straight!!

Thanks for the reply lulraep.

Back