HD4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Re: Audio Interfaces.........

M Audio Profire 2626 connected via onboard firewire (TI chipset) here.... works a charm

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Apogee Ensemble. working perfectly on 10.6.6 w/ texas instruments firewire chipset.

CPU
i5-760
Graphics
9500GT
Mac
MacBook

Native Instruments Rig Kontrol 3 is running fine here, as well as a last gen M-Audio Fasttrack (not pro) and a Presonus Firestudio Tube. Actually the Tube is more stable on my hack than on my Macbook... :confused:

Motherboard
osx
CPU
intel xeon
Graphics
ati
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android

Hello.
DIGI 003 Mixer w/ Pro Tools 9.0.1. Runs expetacular!!!!!!!
No problems. :mrgreen:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

I have a Profire 610 and Im having issues with buffer overflow... that is, for example, I´m working on a project with a 128 buffer and it stutters... when I change it to 1024 the audio driver stops working, I have to restart the board.
Any suggestions?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

I have an older PreSonus Inspire (FW400) which works great with GarageBand for my personal recording attempts.

However, I am very jealous of wavesequence's MOTU 828mkIII. I have heard nothing but praise for the unit.

Motherboard
CPU
i7
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

I have,MOTU HD 192 wit PCI expres fine work, but M-audi Audiofile 192 hav problems with drivers. Onle work one analog out!
Digi Design Core and Axsel card with HD 192 olso work fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Stork said:
I have an older PreSonus Inspire (FW400) which works great with GarageBand for my personal recording attempts.

However, I am very jealous of wavesequence's MOTU 828mkIII. I have heard nothing but praise for the unit.
stork

there's a balance equation between you and me: you're Mod and work with a PreSonus Inspire, I'm a simple freelance architect and work with a MotU 828mkIII :lol:

Aside jokes, 828mkIII is a great audio card, but it's my system that is too complicated...
Have you ever tried to control a 3 Midi Express 128 interfaces 20+ midi instruments, sampler, synthesizers, audio outobard, 2 Yamaha digital mixers that go into an 828mkIII which is hooked to a custoMac??? It's a nightmare. :eek:
I'd prefer having 4 or more 828 mkIII and drive everything from them... but money don't grow under my feet... :lol:

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

wavesequence said:
...stork

there's a balance equation between you and me: you're Mod and work with a PreSonus Inspire, I'm a simple freelance architect and work with a MotU 828mkIII :lol:
Ah, it's all about where you are in life. I'm retired and never had time to continue to progress in mastering the guitar which I picked up in my Freshmen year at college. Now, I have time to catch up. However, while I probably could afford sophisticated devices like the MOTU 828mkIII, my playing doesn't justify it. (Notice that I'm trying to be practical and set a good example, here.) The good & bad news is that I play with several guys who play are more or less the same level as myself. We sound like a garage band of 14 year olds. :lol: But, we're living the dream. :headbang:
wavesequence said:
Aside jokes, 828mkIII is a great audio card, but it's my system that is too complicated...
Have you ever tried to control a 3 Midi Express 128 interfaces 20+ midi instruments, sampler, synthesizers, audio outobard, 2 Yamaha digital mixers that go into an 828mkIII which is hooked to a custoMac??? It's a nightmare. :eek:
I'd prefer having 4 or more 828 mkIII and drive everything from them... but money don't grow under my feet... :lol:
Wow! So, you're working as an architect so you can eat and not live under a bridge while you engage in making/recording music which is what you really want to do in life. Heck! I can relate to that! A man has gotta do what he's gotta do to put food on the table and provide for a family, yet not go crazy. :thumbup:

BTW, I think playing the guitar is easier than setting up GB to record my pitiful guitar playing. I know I play better than what I'm hearing out of GB. :lol:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Using an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R USB interface and a M-Audio Axiom Pro 61 MIDI controller along with Pro Tools 9.0.2 here. All works perfectly.

Regards,
Splat