Contribute
Register

Computer won't boot OS X without USB drive + other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i have to restart the computer to make the drivers take effect cause none of them work right now

do i have to restart the computer to make the drivers take effect cause none of them work right now

You must remove any old kexts first and you will indeed need to reboot for new kexts to take effect - they get loaded as the machine boots. It is also a good idea to repair permissions before and after deleting/installing new kexts. This is getting off topic for this thread.

Im still trying to fix my audio but out of interest will getting a USB Headset just fix the problems or not

Im still trying to fix my audio but out of interest will getting a USB Headset just fix the problems or not

Ultimately - that depends were the fault lies. I have a basic set of Logitech H340 USB headphones that I bought for occasional VOIP use. They also get used at times when I am to lazy to go upstair to get my high quality headphones and USB DAC. Generally speaking (considering value difference) these work perfectly well with no added background noise.

Depending on your primary use for headphones - it may be better to consider a USB audio adaptor to use with your existing headphones. The Turtle Beach models are very well thought of and work out of the box. Just select it from the audio preferences and use any stereo headphones with a 3.5mm adaptor.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0036VO4X4/?tag=tonymacx86-21

Thank you, I'm getting the usb audio thing and getting my SSDs,

I think I might bother with clover though because i Haven't made this computer my daily driver, isn't Clover more stable than uni beast right?

Also I have already had my questions on how to dual boot answered but I want to know is dual booting with clover involve the same steps without changes: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/161410-confusion-about-dual-booting.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back