Graphics
GTX 980Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so I've done all the unibeast stuff and when i remove my usb drive the computer won't boot into OS X it will just go to bios because there is no start up drive.

Also I have some other problems to:

• I have tried all the VooDoo audio drivers and they don't work, *Update* the audio works, with no background static, but when the audio goes above maybe a certain volume or something, it goes staticy

• When i boot I unfortunately need to make my computer have to boot via verbose, is it possible to hide all that amount of code the really annoys me, so instead of seeing it is it possible to just use a normal loading bar, as booting normally without verbose doesn't work.
  • Due to the fact I have to have the USB drive in, can i make it so I don't have to see it in the chimera boot screen.
  • I am installing Win 10 later down the road when it has been fully released down the road, what should I do.
  • I have a 4K Monitor and in displays there is no option for 4K resolution, the highest is 1440p. (I don't have a graphics card yet, waiting for 980 TI)
  • I am also getting 2 SSDs later, one for OS X and the other for Win 10, what else should I do
  • I found my old OS X dvd drive, would it be more convenient to install via iBoot or UniBeast
  • Also I would use clover but that looks like way too much faff for me
  • EDIT: Mac app store doesn't work either

My specs:

Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark 1
i7 4790K
GTX 980Ti (to be bought upon release, next weeks)
16 GB RAM 1866MHz HyperX
4TB SSHD Seagate
250 GB 850 EVO SSD (to be bought) - for OS X
120 GB 850 EVO SSD (to be bought) - for Win 10

N/B I have a back up Win 7 which I will use while awaiting Win 10

so I've done all the unibeast stuff and when i remove my usb drive the computer won't boot into OS X it will just go to bios because there is no start up drive.

Also I have some other problems to:

• I have tried all the VooDoo audio drivers and they don't work
  • When i boot I unfortunately need to make my computer have to boot via verbose, is it possible to hide all that amount of code the really annoys me, so instead of seeing it is it possible to just use a normal loading bar, as booting normally without verbose doesn't work.
  • Due to the fact I have to have the USB drive in, can i make it so I don't have to see it in the chimera boot screen.
  • I am installing Win 10 later down the road when it has been fully released down the road, what should I do.
  • I have a 4K Monitor and in displays there is no option for 4K resolution, the highest is 1440p. (I don't have a graphics card yet, waiting for 980 TI)
  • I am also getting 2 SSDs later, one for OS X and the other for Win 10, what else should I do
  • I found my old OS X dvd drive, would it be more convenient to install via iBoot or UniBeast
  • Also I would use clover but that looks like way too much faff for me

My specs:

Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark 1
i7 4790K
GTX 980Ti (to be bought upon release, next weeks)
16 GB RAM 1866MHz HyperX
4TB SSHD Seagate
250 GB 850 EVO SSD (to be bought) - for OS X
120 GB 850 EVO SSD (to be bought) - for Win 10

N/B I have a back up Win 7 which I will use while awaiting Win 10

Voodoo audio - but your motherboard uses ALC1150 as defined in the manual and web link for your board:
http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_Z97_MARK_1/specifications/

Are you booting OS X that is installed on a 4TB SSHD? This is not advised as SSHDs as boot drives don't work well in OS X use either an SSD or HDD with a maximum partition size of 1TB is required for a Chimera/Chameleon boot loader. Clover is more versatile and works fine with larger boot drives.

If you have Windows already installed on the SSHD before you installed OS X then see here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/

For MultiBooting OS X and Windows with Chimera/Chameleon boot loaders:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Handy links using motherboard model as search description:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=Asus z97 Sabertooth Mark 1

A 4k monitor will require a Displayport 1.2 connection to be used. There is at least one thread on this - can you connect to a 1920 x 1080P monitor or TV in the short term using a HDMI connection?

The iBoot/Snow Leopard way of installing is only required for those people that do no already have access to the Mac App Store to download and create the USB installer.
I recommend that for your motherboard you look further into Clover - it is the best solution for your proposed hardware.

I would wait to see if the new GTX 980 Ti is properly OS X compatible before jumping in with both feet - I would exercise an element of buyer beware until it is established that the card is supported with nVidia or OS X drivers.

Good Luck :thumbup:

ALC 1150 driver, I also think I tested all the VooDoo ones and they don't work

For when I get the SSDs I should probably wipe the drive shouldn't I.

Audio is also one of the things that is disabled if you use safe boot (-x). I would not worry about the audio just yet though. It is better getting a stable running build with workable graphics and ethernet as a starting point. Might be worth picking up a small budget 120GB SSD or 250-500GB HDD to use for practice installs/testing.

didn't boot in safe mode but i will when i get all my other parts, the graphics card isn't required on my OS X partition

the graphics card isn't required on my OS X partition

You can not run a 4K monitor without a suitable GPU for OS X. Infact this motherboard/CPU combo is unable to run 4K via HD4600 at all. The standard onboard HD4600 graphics will not go much past 1920 x 1080P resolution using OS X.

strange im running at 1440p right now, but yes when i get my GFX card i will connect the monitor via the card

I still have really annoying background static which hurts my ears, is there any way of getting rid of it

I still have really annoying background static which hurts my ears, is there any way of getting rid of it

If this is happening with Voodoo audio, then try changing the some of the settings. If this is happening with ALC1150 audio codec for OS X then try the audio section of the forum for further help/diagnosis of problem:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/

A consideration may be to add a USB audio solution for audio if these issues continue. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back