Contribute
Register

Computer performance (confirmed from GeekBench) not what it should be for these specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well crap... I tried updating the USB kexts like you lay out in the link and now my OS won't boot. I've tried recovery, safe, and single-user mode. I've tried booting from a backup. I don't know what else to do and I really need to be able to get on.

Thank goodness I had an SSD->USB enclosure. I unplugged my SSD, stuck it in that and plugged it into my laptop, then replaced the kexts folder with my backup kexts folder and it's working again. No idea what I did wrong that caused the issue, but perhaps when I have more time, I can investigate further.

To recap/expand, here are the remaining issues that I'm still having:

1. The main problem: I really need multi-monitor to work and the best I can get is mirrored monitors when both are plugged in. I bought this motherboard because it said it supports multi-monitor, but nothing I do is helping. If it's a clue, it says it's in projector mode when I have another monitor plugged in.
2. When the computer goes to sleep, you can still see the display. Only when trying to do something does it go to the password prompt. Not a huge issue, but weird.
3. I still need clarification on what you mean by USB mapping? I don't think I'm having any issues with my USB ports as of now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back