Graphics
NIVDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was able to successfully install Yosemite only after using (-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1) to get around a kernel panic message that was keeping it from installing.

Now when I restart the computer it hangs-up. So I typed -x to get it to boot but it seems like Yosemite is in "safe" mode.

What can I to do next to get this build to work so I don't have to be in "safe" mode:banghead:. Here's my hardware.
Please help.

i5-4430
z97x-gaming 7
geforce gtx 760
16g ram

I was able to successfully install Yosemite only after using (-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1) to get around a kernel panic message that was keeping it from installing.

Now when I restart the computer it hangs-up. So I typed -x to get it to boot but it seems like Yosemite is in "safe" mode.

What can I to do next to get this build to work so I don't have to be in "safe" mode:banghead:. Here's my hardware.
Please help.

i5-4430
z97x-gaming 7
geforce gtx 760
16g ram

please boot in verbose mode using command -v and make screenshots. This would give us more info ;)

GL & HF

Ok here's the last screen in verbose mode. Let me know if it helps.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    896.2 KB · Views: 121
What boot loader are you using? Chimera? Clover?
If you're using Chimera, post the contents of your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

Here's the screen shot after typing in -v GraphicsEnabler=No
Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it.
IMG_0239.jpg

Here's the file.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    866 bytes · Views: 123
Here's the screen shot after typing in -v GraphicsEnabler=No
Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate it.
View attachment 110550

That is weird. My advise:

- Do a clean install
- When booted back into OS X after the installation use the following settings with MultiBeast:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...c-edition-screen-shot-2014-08-29-21.50.11.png

Ofcourse you need to select the audio and ethernet for your MOBO ( only select the things that apply for your configuration )

And let's start from there. The fact it's hanging on the gfx card looks like something has been installed that shouldn't be there. Like I said before, the GTX 760 is supported out of the box ;)

Please let us know step by step what you have done.This will help you to eventually single out the problem.

GL & HF

O.k., thanks for the advice. I'll do a clean install based on your recommendation and let you know the step by step.
Thank you!

O.k., things are working pretty well.

I did a clean install of OS X. After trying http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment...9-21.50.11.png it wouldn't boot. So abandoned that build and reinstalled OS X. Multibeast build is Easybeast with ALC1150 for audio (see attached build). Restarted and it all worked!

Haven't found any issue after working on the comp for a few hours.
Thanks for all of your help!!

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 3.33.56 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back