1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey Guys,

I've just built a machine running an Intel 3770, ASUS P8 Z77-M Pro UEFI motherboard, EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 (in PCI 3.0 port) 16GB of RAM. I've installed OSX Mountain Lion on it using iBoot and I just ran Mulitbeast. I am booting with -v and GraphicsEnabler=No flag It runs though most of the startup kexts etc and then stops. I get this error: It also gives me a boot0 error if I attempt to boot straight off HDD instead of through Unibeast USB bootloader.

the ".....'s" are mine because the error message is really long

What are your thoughts?

Code:
Debugger Called: <panic>
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/ApplrACPIPCI/SAT0@IF, 2/AppleAHCI/SPT4@4/IOACHIDevice@0/AppleACHIDisk
BSD root: disk0s3, major 1, minor 3

then there is a few things about "unknown-dev:" and replay_journal

The Kernal Extensions in the backtrace are com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.7)....................
and org.netkas.FakeSMC(4.2.0).....

How did you install with iBoot? Why not unibeast?

How did you install with iBoot? Why not unibeast?

Sorry, It was my error - I did in fact use Unitbeast. I see you are using a similar motherboard. Did you have any such issues?

No it's probably the easiest board out there to setup... What was your process?

No it's probably the easiest board out there to setup... What was your process?

I made sure AHCI was enabled, pressed F8 to boot off the Unibeast USB, went into Disk Util, made 2 partitions - 1 NTFS one for Windows and one for OSX Journaled for Mac. I haven't installed Windows yet though.

I didn't use a DSDT and left everything the same apart from what I mentioned above. I installed Mulitbeast and then the system froze so I had to hold down powerbutton.

Thanks for your help!

Don't know what you chose in multibeast so why not try this...

Screen Shot 2012-08-21 at 4.14.51 AM.png

I don't know anything 'bout the GTX 680, I'd remove the card and use onboard until you get the sys up and running.

These settings won't fix what you've already done so I'd spend 20min to do a clean install, your choice...

Also, I'd update to the modded 1504 bios, but not until you get installed and prove the hardware's OK.

Thanks - Will I need any FakeSMC of any sort or to install a bootloader through multibeast? I'll try your clean wipe suggestion now.

Not if you just chose what I sent you. FakeSMC and the bootloader will be installed with those settings. People have a tendency to just "click away" and don't understand what they really need, less is best. This will get you a basic full functioning system. Later you can add stuff like plugins and HW monitor or what ever...

Not if you just chose what I sent you. FakeSMC and the bootloader will be installed with those settings. People have a tendency to just "click away" and don't understand what they really need, less is best. This will get you a basic full functioning system. Later you can add stuff like plugins and HW monitor or what ever...

Thanks, just did exactly what you said.I got a boot0 error when booting off HDD so used Unibeast USB bootloader. I got a "com.Apple.Driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment" kext error on boot.

I know there were some patches in Multibeast for this - should I have enabled them? Is there any way of me fixing this without having to re-install the entire system?

Install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext for now and then you can blow it away with the modded bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back