Contribute
Register

Completely unsatisfied with computer cases....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Hi, this is my post. This site is a MUST READ for all interested in hackintosh/pinneapple stuff :mrgreen:.

I'm writing this more to complain than to ask for help. We all love products from apple. That's why
we want to MAKE ONE, since Apple does not give a **** in lowering prices.

BUT.. I'm not a handcrafted man. I can't put pc hardware inside a G4, 5 box, I dunno how to do it PERFECTLY.
SO, I looked a LOT searching for "THE CASE" to build
my hackintosh to be visually fancy as all macs are. The best I could get (in my humble opinion)
is the Lian Li PC-V354, but is not so "apply". It TRIES to be beautifull, but it is not.

UI could not find a single
"exquisite" design, something that is functional like those marvellous G4 where, and pretty.

I have this feeling that if a "case designer" would draw a woman, the best you can expect is something
like a female Michael Phelps...

So, in the Customacs could be a different look to the computer cases , it would be premium .

Just my 2 cents.

I will be building in a Titanium edition Silverstone FT-03. I think it's pretty mac-like in some respects. But in terms of perfection of materials / details / finish, it's not the same. That's ok for me, I like that it's pretty quirky but also looks great.

Some people hate it though. Eh, to each his own.

Bitfenix Prodigy - white.

thank you for the advice! Seems to be promising.... but,
Where is the middle cases? Cube cases? ONes that resemble iMac?

Still looking....

I have this feeling that if a "case designer" would draw a woman, the best you can expect is something
like a female Michael Phelps...

i loled

seems like you are after an apple case (plain, nice metal, quality craft, silver?)...made by another company.

there is a thread about apple-looking cases somewhere.

wesena make apple looking itx cases.
lian li do a few.

i dont know what you mean by imac looking cases though. imacs are all in one systems, you arent going to get anything looking like an imac off the shelf.
best you can look for is mac mini, g5, matx itx atx amalgamations

I'm ordering the parts for my build today. My case will be a Silverstone FT03S-MINI. The Wesena cases also look nice if you can manager to fit everything you want into one of them. They don't leave a lot of room for cooling powerful systems...

I too have been trying to find a simple unadorned aluminum case for a long time. I like the Node series by Fractal Design, these come come quite close to what I'm looking for, but of course they don't offer a model for a Micro ATX board. Abee also has some nice models too, but they're way too expensive and not available locally. Every manufacturer has tons of models with neon fans and unnecessary details, but no one makes a simple, tasteful aluminum case?

I don't get the hype with the Prodigy, I think that case is highly over-rated. Who needs a huge ITX case that holds a zillion drives? Also what's the fascination with 5.25" drive bays?

Silverstone FT02 is a nice case with good cooling qualities. The silver version is the nearest you're going to get to a real Mac Pro. I have the black version.

The cases aren't the reason we're building Mac clones though. If all you're interested in is how the case looks, go buy a real Mac.

I too have been trying to find a simple unadorned aluminum case for a long time. I like the Node series by Fractal Design, these come come quite close to what I'm looking for, but of course they don't offer a model for a Micro ATX board. Abee also has some nice models too, but they're way too expensive and not available locally. Every manufacturer has tons of models with neon fans and unnecessary details, but no one makes a simple, tasteful aluminum case?

I don't get the hype with the Prodigy, I think that case is highly over-rated. Who needs a huge ITX case that holds a zillion drives? Also what's the fascination with 5.25" drive bays?

Looked at LianLi's new mATX case yet? http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/produc...ex=610&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=63&g=f
comes in brushed aluminum natural or black. If you absolutely hate the the 5.25 drive bay opening in the side panel, you could probably get Lian li to sell you a solid panel. If the left and right sides are interchangeable it should be easy if they will sell you just the panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back