Contribute
Register

Completely new to Hackintosh but need a new Mac, would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I am completely new to the Hackintosh way of things, as I always bought directly from Apple. This time though, my MacBook Pro is dying as my main machine and it is my life line for getting work.

All the available Mac's are good but really a waste of money at the moment when new ones are coming in a few months and quite possibly not the specs I needed either. I have always been in the Nvidia camp and really I did not want to get into AMD graphics.

So I had the idea of a hackintosh thanks to the new drivers that allow 1080ti's on Hackintosh! I found a Corsair ONE with a 1080ti and really nice insides with liquid cooling and all. Here are the insides below, and would be great if I can get some feedback if this actually would work as a Hackintosh.
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K Quad-Core processor, Liquid Cooled
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Liquid Cooled
  • DRAM: Corsair 16GB 2400MHz DDR4
  • Storage (SSD): 960GB
  • Motherboard: Z270 Mini-ITX
  • Power Supply: 500W SFX 80 Plus Gold
  • Front I/O Panel includes: USB 3.0 port, HDMI 2.0 VR Port, and Power
If I can't with the Corsair One, I would GREATLY appreciate with any help in a build with a max ceiling of $3000. The $3000 might include an Ultrawide monitor as well. Only requirement is that is MUST have a 1080ti. If I can get a Titan Xp that would be cool but not necessary.

The main use of this will be a high end gaming pc, graphic design, UI/UX Design, and for iOS Development.

Thank you all for viewing this and reading it.

The specs look fine for hackintoshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back