Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Let me first apologize for my naivete. I am new to even OSX, so simple stuff like, "Go to S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext mean nothing to me. Hence the first problem with following the directions/guides found in the forum. The last Mac I owned was over 15 years ago running System 7.5, so there you go.

Everything seems to go well except I can't get any audio. Ultimately I would like to use HDMI for both sound and video, but I have nothing showing in my sounds folder (system preferences/Sound) for either input nor output.

Ethernet, graphics, everything thing else seems fine. Here's my system specs:

GA H61N USB3 F4 (I used the F3 DSDT and don't know if that's perhaps causing the problem as there is no F4 DSDT in the database)

Sony DVD Optical drive

Core i5 2500K

Sapphire HD5770

OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD

8GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

I have successfully updated it to Lion 10.7.3

From everything I can gather, I need to get the onboard audio working right before I can even tinker with the HDMI audio.

Any help will be appreciated.

adiekmann said:
GA H61N USB3 F4 (I used the F3 DSDT and don't know if that's perhaps causing the problem as there is no F4 DSDT in the database)
Use the dsdt.aml and AppleHDA.kext from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=209915#p209915.
At a later time, you can edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id:
from 0x85, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
to 0x79. 0x03. 0x00, 0x00
for full 889 on board audio.

Okay, I in part now know why I am so lost with much that I am reading on this blog. Both my system folder and hard drive icon do not show up and I cannot locate them anywhere on my system - and trust me, I've look as well as I know how on OSX.

What can the problem be? did I do something wrong during the iBoot+MultiBeast installation? Should I reformat the HDD and just start over again?

Now I see why I couldn't figure out where to go when instructed to go to s/l/e because I don't seem to have them on my computer. But then how can it even boot up? Outside of audio, everything else seems to work just fine?!#$%*&@

I will also say that I am not at all familiar with unix or commands one uses in the terminal screen so I will need further explanation if the answer lies there.

HELP! Or direct me to the correct forum topic to post this in.

adiekmann said:
Now I see why I couldn't figure out where to go when instructed to go to s/l/e because I don't seem to have them on my computer.

Try this

1) Open Finder
2) At the top menu bar, click Go then Go to Folder
3) Type /System

If your system files are hidden, click here.

Thanks! That brought up a "Library" folder that had a lot of the stuff that I'm looking for in it.

Now, how do I get my Hard Drive icon to show on the desktop?

Once again thank you for your help.

I now have my HDD on my desktop and tried to follow your posted instructions for installing the AppleHDA.kext. However, no matter what I do, I still have nothing showing in System Preferences/Sound for output nor input.

So what now?

adiekmann said:
Once again thank you for your help.

I now have my HDD on my desktop and tried to follow your posted instructions for installing the AppleHDA.kext. However, no matter what I do, I still have nothing showing in System Preferences/Sound for output nor input.

So what now?
Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As....).

Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As....).[/quote]

Forgive me, but I am a total newbie when it comes to Mac. How exactly do I do this? I have looked and searched the forums but can't figure it out. Most speak of it as though they already know all about it.

Do I need to download some third party software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back