Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm currently building my first Hackintosh ever, and need to have WiFi (as I have no ethernet connection upstairs).

Thought about doing the DIY Airport card, but saw that it was using PCI-E. As the two PCI-E slots in my M-ATX motherboard is already in use (GFX and Firewire 800), I need to have either a PCI or USB WiFi card/adapter.

PCI would be preferred, as I don't want to have a dongle on the back.

So does anyone have an OOB working PCI WiFi card? Or don't they exist at all?

Otherwise, I guess I just have to go with the USB, even though PCI would be very nice.

Belkin F5D7001 works oob

are you sure there isnt a pci adapter for the diy airport card though, on ebay or something?

Will get that Belkin card then :)

I'm totally sure. It's not possible to make a mini pci -> pci, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Be careful over this.

I bought one of said cards based on some recommendations in this forum, however, it seems it only works oob on some mainboards but not all.

I had a G31M board that worked with the belkin oob. I currently am running on a GA-P55M-UD4, it does NOT work at all on this board. I also own a P55-U6 board, it does NOT work in that either.

Best bet would be to find someone else who has this card and the exact same mainboard you have or are planning.

I have tried 2 different versions of the Belkin F5D7001. Only one of them worked. The version 1101UK does not work while the 1323UK is detected as an Airport card. On Belkins website, they list 3 windows drivers: 1xxx, 13xx adn 2xxx version. I assume that is because the F5D7001 comes with 3 different chipsets.

Attachments

• IMAG0918.jpg
    IMAG0918.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0926.jpg
    IMAG0926.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back