EVGA GTX970 FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
GPU problem - Installer stops

After some testing, I'm able to enter the installer by removing the Graphics Card. Will it affect me if I remove the GPU during installation and later put it back? Or are there any boot flags I could try?

Full Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-4690K (listed in buyer's guide)
MOBO: Asus Z97-K (also listed)
GPU: EVGA Gtx 970 FTW (listed)
RAM: 2xCorsair Vengeance 8GB (One of the removed)
PSU: Seasonic 620W M12II Evo Bronze

I've tried -x GraphicsEnabler=no, but no success.

After some testing, I'm able to enter the installer by removing the Graphics Card. Will it affect me if I remove the GPU during installation and later put it back? Or are there any boot flags I could try?

Full Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-4690K (listed in buyer's guide)
MOBO: Asus Z97-K (also listed)
GPU: EVGA Gtx 970 FTW (listed)
RAM: 2xCorsair Vengeance 8GB (One of the removed)
PSU: Seasonic 620W M12II Evo Bronze

I've tried -x GraphicsEnabler=no, but no success.
GTX970 is not supported - needs nVidia web drivers to work. You can try using the VESA drivers with boot flag nv_disable=1 but it may or may not work. It does not work on my EVGA GTX980.

Your best bet is to install OS X with the CPU gfx, then install the card and boot with the CPU gfx, install the web drivers and reboot to BIOS and setting first init display to PCIe, save&exit, continue boot, then move the cable from the board to the GPU port.

Well I finally managed to install OS X with onboard graphics, however I'm not able to boot if my GPU is plugged in. Could you provide some details on how did you fix it?

Boot with nv_disable=1 and then install proper version of NVIDIA Web Driver for the running OS X version. Once it is got installed boot with "nvda_drv=1"

Boot with nv_disable=1 and then install proper version of NVIDIA Web Driver for the running OS X version. Once it is got installed boot with "nvda_drv=1"

I've tried installing Nvidia web drivers, however is said OS X 10.10.3 is not supported? Do I have to downgrade (somehow) or...? (Note that my GPU wasn't plugged in when trying to do it).

Wow, You're amazing. Hackintosh's working fine.

Ok, weirdest thing so far: Since my main display is 1680x1050 I can only boot with Mode=1680x1050x32 boot flag. However if I add it into the default boot flags, it won't work. Only if I enter it at every boot o_O

Edit: Even weirder thing: Sometimes it boots normal, sometimes only if I add GraphicsEnabler=YES PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1680x1050x32... No idea.

Wow, You're amazing. Hackintosh's working fine.

Ok, weirdest thing so far: Since my main display is 1680x1050 I can only boot with Mode=1680x1050x32 boot flag. However if I add it into the default boot flags, it won't work. Only if I enter it at every boot o_O

Edit: Even weirder thing: Sometimes it boots normal, sometimes only if I add GraphicsEnabler=YES PCIRootUID=1 Mode=1680x1050x32... No idea.

You don't want to use Chimera's graphics injection (Graphics Enabler) as you are running with web driver support.

Set graphics card as your primary video adapter/initial display port on BIOS.
Disable Internel Graphics on BIOS.

Then try to boot with -f, once it is booted post your org.chameleon.boot.plist file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back