Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600k
Graphics
Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070
Hi guys,

I Just found this community and I've been thinking about a lot lately about purchasing an Apple computer of some sort, but I once I found out about the hackintosh community, I figured this would be a great way to get a chance to try MacOS and maybe save $$$ by not having to actually purchase a mac. I'd love to get the OS working on my existing hardware but I'm not really sure how to tell if something is compatible or not.

MoBo:
MSI - Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

CPU:
Core i5 6600K (non-overclocked)

RAM:
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

SSD (for OS):

Crucial MX300 275GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT275MX300SSD1

Graphics:
Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card

PowerSupply:
Cooler Master - Silent Pro Gold 800W 80+ Gold

I would love to get High Sierra working, but that may be wishful thinking given this mobo/cpu combo are a couple of years old. If High sierra is not possible, does any one know what's the latest version of MacOS I can support?

Thank you for any response

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I Just found this community and I've been thinking about a lot lately about purchasing an Apple computer of some sort, but I once I found out about the hackintosh community, I figured this would be a great way to get a chance to try MacOS and maybe save $$$ by not having to actually purchase a mac. I'd love to get the OS working on my existing hardware but I'm not really sure how to tell if something is compatible or not.

MoBo:
MSI - Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

CPU:
Core i5 6600K (non-overclocked)

RAM:
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

SSD (for OS):

Crucial MX300 275GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT275MX300SSD1

Graphics:
Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card

PowerSupply:
Cooler Master - Silent Pro Gold 800W 80+ Gold

I would love to get High Sierra working, but that may be wishful thinking given this mobo/cpu combo are a couple of years old. If High sierra is not possible, does any one know what's the latest version of MacOS I can support?

Thank you for any response

Your system should be compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra.

By the way, newer MacOS versions normally would support older hardware (think of the previous older model of Mac hardware that Apple has to support with the new OS version), but older MacOS versions may not support newer hardware.

In your case, the oldest version of MacOS that supports your CPU and motherboard is El Capitan (10.11), but since your video card is only supported with Nvidia drivers under Sierra and High Sierra, therefore your system will only work with Sierra and High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back