Contribute
Register

Compatibility Check/First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
3570K is what I meant. Thanks for noticing that.

But doesn't the UD3H use a VIA audio card?

But doesn't the UD3H use a VIA audio card?

Yes, but you indicated you were going with a sound card instead of on-board audio.

If you edit a DSDT for audio over HDMI, I think toleda found a way to get it even if the audio chip was unsupported, both thru the HD4000 or a PCIe gfx card. Check the HDMI audio thread.

Forget about the sound card. sonicseamus said the audio enabler for the d3h gives you lousy audio. Is that true for other boards? I know the UP5H uses Realtek audio.

Forget about the sound card. sonicseamus said the audio enabler for the d3h gives you lousy audio. Is that true for other boards? I know the UP5H uses Realtek audio.

I have found that with good speakers the Realtek audio is as good as what you get with stereo radio with good reception, but not quite cd quality. Definitely not up to audiophile quality, but it beats voodoohda.

Oh well. I guess i'll go with the UP5H. Do you know of any good OSX compatible sound cards?

Is there a way to reply to a thread other than finding the first post?

Oh well. I guess i'll go with the UP5H. Do you know of any good OSX compatible sound cards?

I use the optical out to a surround sound system. I think I read somewhere the Sound Blaster X-Fi worked, but IIRC there were problems when updating to ML.

Funny thing is I didn't get ideas from the CustoMac Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back