Graphics
None
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The D3H's onboard VIA audio chip does not work in OS X so you'd need a separate sound card.

The 6670 will need an edit on the boot.plist and some kexts in order to get it to work. If you look at my build I posted how I got my 5850 to work, you'd need to follow a similar process, find out which architecture, Device ID and shader is needed.

If you can and have not already bought the parts, get the GA-Z77-DS3H as it has better compatibility and either a nVidia 5xx or 6xx series GPU as it will be a lot easier to set up.

So what do you think about that audio DSDT for the z77d3h? And what AMD cards are recommended?

What do you think would be good cards that work out of the box?

AMD 5770, 6850, or 6870 are all good options. If you get a 6xxx card, you'll need to install with the integrated gfx on the cpu and insert the card once everything's up and running. I got a used ATI 5770 and it works without a hitch!

PS I love that video - gotta love Linus :D

Thanks! What do you think about buying used parts?

Ps I might not respond quickly. Watching the Giants SMOKE the Cardinals in Game 7 of the NLCS.:thumbup:

Thanks! What do you think about buying used parts?

Ps I might not respond quickly. Watching the Giants SMOKE the Cardinals in Game 7 of the NLCS.:thumbup:

Hey, the cards came back against my nats :)cry:) after a 6-0 deficit in the NLDS - I wouldn't count your chickens.

I wouldn't get something like a mobo, CPU, PSU or HDD used because of the importance of reliability of these parts. As you can see, I got a GPU used (from eBay), and that's worked out well so far. However, that was partly because of my limited budget - if I had an extra 100 bucks, I probably would have gone for a 6870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back