Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I have the above laptop, now running OS-X 10.5.8

Issues: Wireless (inbuilt) not recognised, Trackpad not recognised, keyboard must be external USB for laptop to boot... integral KB not operative.

Any ideas/advice for a Hackintosh noob (make them simple, and descriptive ;) )

Cheers

Hello all,

I have the above laptop, now running OS-X 10.5.8

Issues: Wireless (inbuilt) not recognised, Trackpad not recognised, keyboard must be external USB for laptop to boot... integral KB not operative.

Any ideas/advice for a Hackintosh noob (make them simple, and descriptive ;) )

Cheers

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Only OS X 10.6.x or newer is supported here.

Thanks RehabMan,

I forgot to ask if 10.6 is compatibile with this laptop... no one seems to mention the model anywhere in the forums, and also meant to ask if 10.6 would fix those issues.

Cheers

Thanks RehabMan,

I forgot to ask if 10.6 is compatibile with this laptop... no one seems to mention the model anywhere in the forums, and also meant to ask if 10.6 would fix those issues.

Cheers

No one can say. You did not post detailed specifications for the components in the laptop.

:idea: Okay...
CPU: Intel t7100 (1.8GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB
Northbridge: Intel GM965
Southbridge: Intel ICH8M
Graphics: Intel extreme x3100
Audio: Realtek ALC861-vd-gr
Lan: 10/100 Realtek integrated
WLAN: Intel pro-wireless 3945
Bluetooth: Yes
Optical: DVD+-RW DL / CD-RW Multi combo drive

Cheers

:idea: Okay...

Cheers

I think SL 32-bit supports your Intel x3100 graphics (not 64-bit). Intel WiFi is not supported. You should be able to get the trackpad/keyboard to work (standard ps2... mostly depends on trackpad manufacturer).

So... Snow Leopard 32-bit is a possibility... Easier if you can put SATA in AHCI mode.

So... Snow Leopard 32-bit is a possibility... Easier if you can put SATA in AHCI mode.

OS-X Profiler states Serial-ata Intel ICH8-M AHCI, #Gb Speed, AHCI Ver 1.10 supported.

so AHCI by default?

So... Some success, I got 10.6 installed using the "install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition" method quite successfully... Had to use Terminal to delete "Appledecrypt.kext" as it was part of the chamelon rc3 bootloader i used. Also Sleepenabler.kext caused Kernel panics so that is gone too.

Now: To get the wireless running (Intel PRO Wireless 3945)

So for this Hardware... (Compaq Presario V6500 Laptop)

SL 10.6 installs. *NOTE* No version of iBoot would work (on this hardware) but a copy of 10.5 booted off the disk, and gave access to Terminal

EDIT: Multibeast updated using the 10.6.8 combo update, still hunting for a wireless kext, having issues with Safari "hanging" (stalled with rainbow disk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back