Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh another thing, I just realized I dont have an SSDT and GeneratePState/CState is set to yes. Does this make a difference in sleep? If so, how do I get an SSDT?

This does. All you need to do is make sure you have a /Extra folder and then run ProBook installer application, select SSDT, and reboot.

Thanks. After generating the SSDT, do I modify my boot.plist to GeneratePStates/CStates=No and DropSSDT=Yes?

My system is working 100%. U310 Touch.

You need to patch your DSDT using the 6-series USB patch and Multiplex patch, in that order. Even though your board is 7-series it won't work. You also need the Brightness patch to get lidsleep working, and with ACPIBacklight.kext your brightness will work.

Let me know of any help you need except wifi because I use a USB dongle, the in-built wifi on these laptops have signal issues due to the location and laptop design.

Could you upload your DSDT? I'd like to see where you have AAPL,clock-id. Because if you do it in the order as specified above, you won't get AAPL,clock-id on XHC1, which could be a trigger for instant wake.

I would like to put this whole issue to bed once and for all. There is no reason we can't come up with the data that needs to be in the 7-series patch (and 7-series USB multiplex) such that it all makes sense (use 7-series if you have it, and without ordering dependencies).

What is the correct order for patching the DSDT? I just followed the list on page 1 of this thread..

Edit: I have the U310 with the i3-3217U and HD4000. Would I use 6 series or 7 series?

Here's my ioreg. I just double checked my S/L/E, I don't have GenericUSBXHCI installed..

What is your "Wake Reason" in system.log?

You were right, the wake reason is USB XHCI Root Hub. "Wake reason: XHC1". How do I go about fixing this? I'm quite sure I never installed GenericUSBXHCI..

Thanks. After generating the SSDT, do I modify my boot.plist to GeneratePStates/CStates=No and DropSSDT=Yes?

Yes. You can also use DCPIManager App to check to verify you are seeing P-states.

Could you upload your DSDT? I'd like to see where you have AAPL,clock-id. Because if you do it in the order as specified above, you won't get AAPL,clock-id on XHC1, which could be a trigger for instant wake.

I would like to put this whole issue to bed once and for all. There is no reason we can't come up with the data that needs to be in the 7-series patch (and 7-series USB multiplex) such that it all makes sense (use 7-series if you have it, and without ordering dependencies).

I can but I don't have my computer for a few weeks, on break currently. I can tell you with 7-series USB and Multiplex everything worked (USB, webcam) except sleep. It would wake 2 seconds after shutting lid.

What is the correct order for patching the DSDT? I just followed the list on page 1 of this thread..

Edit: I have the U310 with the i3-3217U and HD4000. Would I use 6 series or 7 series?

The list is fine.

Use 6-series with the multiplex and see if it works. Make sure brightness patch is there and that you have graphics acceleration/power management working also.

You were right, the wake reason is USB XHCI Root Hub. "Wake reason: XHC1". How do I go about fixing this? I'm quite sure I never installed GenericUSBXHCI..

You won't need that KEXT after you get it working in DSDT.

(You and rehabman)

In my IOREG XHC1 is loading using 6-series USB and Multiplex, but using the 7-series patch it does not.

Try this patch:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x02 },\n
        "AAPL,slot-name", "Built In",\n
        "name", "Intel xHCI Controller",\n
        "model", "Intel 7 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller",\n
        "device_type", Buffer() { "XHCI" },\n
        "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra", 2700,\n
        "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 1000,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 2100,\n
        "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2700,\n
        "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

If that works, also try this:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x02 },\n
        "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n
        "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n
        "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Do I add those patches to the DSDT I have now, or start afresh with a new one and add all the other patches (graphics, etc) and add these patches when i would normally add the USB patches. I'm a total noob when it comes to this dsdt stuff haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back