Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you for the link!

I am using MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.0.1 , but when i navigate to Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> (there is no Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) folder, only the trim enabler one.

Wish i would have taken a picture, formated everything and started over :/

Look again. That's not at all what I see under Drivers->System:

Screen Shot 2013-11-12 at 6.05.22 PM.png

Look again. That's not at all what I see under Drivers->System:

View attachment 73728
Yea for some reason, that was not there for me, I redownloaded multibeast, and the new one had it ^.^

and guess, what Thanks to you and cwk9852, I finally have a working Multi-boot, Ubuntu/Mavericks/Windows 8.

I am so thankful! I will be tinkering with Mac os x to see if any features arent working, but all should be good.

Edit: Also since windows 8 wouldnt install at first because it kept saying "Cannot install on GPT partition", what I did is I had to enable the UEFI boot in the bios and install it like that, and after that I disabled UEFI and windows boot up in legacy mode anyway.

Hi everyone,

thanks to all your help my u310 is almost fully up and running. man do i love you guys or what! i just have a couple small issues, my left two USB ports aren't working, along with sleep (wakes up immediately) and wifi (no patched bios). Any ideas on how to get these working? I have extracted my DSDT.aml by booting into Ubuntu from a USB.

thanks for all your help!

Thanks to Rehabman and this thread, I've finally managed to set up a U310 hackintosh system almost fully working :D No issues with the graphics any more. I am wicked happy! (Although I have probably ruined my chances of making a fusiondrive because I followed the maclife article and deleted the Logical Volume Group, but not the logical volume, and I haven't been able to make logical volumes ever since :cry: have settled for putting my system on the SSD and migrating the home folder, but still the applications folder is gonna get cramped in no time. Oh well, will wait for the warranty to expire and then put in a new hard drive...)

But I have some things left that aren't working where I don't know what's wrong. I've patched my dsdt with (most of? might have left some out yet) the patches suggested here, installed the VoodooPS2 Driver, but my keyboard and trackpad aren't working yet - kextstat says it's not loaded. Also, I've used only the USB multiplex patch because I kept getting errors when running both 6 and multiplex together, and the webcam isn't working so far. Oh, and I also have the immediate wake issue that gdtechie mentioned, but might be due to the missing usb patch. Before tampering with stuff myself and messing things up again, I'm just gonna ask here! Thanks in advance, hope it's not a stupid question that's been solved a million times.

But I have some things left that aren't working where I don't know what's wrong. I've patched my dsdt with (most of? might have left some out yet) the patches suggested here, installed the VoodooPS2 Driver, but my keyboard and trackpad aren't working yet - kextstat says it's not loaded.

You must not have it installed correctly.

Also, I've used only the USB multiplex patch because I kept getting errors when running both 6 and multiplex together, and the webcam isn't working so far. Oh, and I also have the immediate wake issue that gdtechie mentioned, but might be due to the missing usb patch. Before tampering with stuff myself and messing things up again, I'm just gonna ask here! Thanks in advance, hope it's not a stupid question that's been solved a million times.

First of all there is no reason to use "6-series USB" on a "7-series" board. The 7-series patch also has AAPL,clock-id which avoids the instant wake. And you must be doing something wrong wrt to the patches, because neither the 6-series patch nor the 7-series patch do anything that would introduce new errors (chances are, your errors were there prior to either of those patches). Post your DSDT (without and with errors) if you need help.

I repatched my dsdt with only the 7-series USB patch and the multiplex patch. The other patches were the ones listed on the first page. I'm still having issues with the USB ports on the left and the instant wake-up. I've attached my dsdt file here.

Any thoughts on getting WiFi running without patching the bios?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 92
Here's my ioreg. I just double checked my S/L/E, I don't have GenericUSBXHCI installed..

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
I repatched my dsdt with only the 7-series USB patch and the multiplex patch. The other patches were the ones listed on the first page. I'm still having issues with the USB ports on the left and the instant wake-up. I've attached my dsdt file here.

Any thoughts on getting WiFi running without patching the bios?

My system is working 100%. U310 Touch.

You need to patch your DSDT using the 6-series USB patch and Multiplex patch, in that order. Even though your board is 7-series it won't work. You also need the Brightness patch to get lidsleep working, and with ACPIBacklight.kext your brightness will work.

Let me know of any help you need except wifi because I use a USB dongle, the in-built wifi on these laptops have signal issues due to the location and laptop design.

Oh another thing, I just realized I dont have an SSDT and GeneratePState/CState is set to yes. Does this make a difference in sleep? If so, how do I get an SSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back