Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody!

I'm looking into upgrading my computer and being an early adopter for the new Coffee Lake CPU's and building a Hackintosh.
I was wondering if anyone had build one yet, and could possibly point me in the right direction!

My thoughts so far towards a build is:

Motherboard:
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P OR
ASUS Prime Z370-P

Processor:
Intel Core I5-8400

Ram:
HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz 8GB

Harddrives and such are just going to be carried over for the old hardware i have.

Could this build be any good? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

The Gigabyte board has been used for quite a few builds already. What are you going to do for Wi-Fi and BT? Which GPU do you have?

Gigabyte it is then. I haven't put much thought into the Wi-Fi (mainly going to use ethernet) or BT. But now that you say it, iMassage and such won't work if i don't get the right adaptor card, right?

The GPU is an old GTX 560 Ti. But since i don't know if OS x is compatible with a 560, i thought i would just use the integrated graphics in the CPU until i had the money for an upgrade

Good to hear. But is it not generally recommended to use a gigabyte motherboard, since it's the board that resembles a apple logicboard, or am i wrong?

Okay, good to know! A few years ago i tried an ASUS board for a i5 2500K build, but no luck...
I just need to make sure, that i get compatible hardware (it's quit expensive where i live) ;)

I've just had a successful build with the ASUS board and a i7-8700 - still looking for a wifi + BT solution too!
I used this one. Seems to be working well. I don't use many bluetooth devices.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Listing on amazon:
PC/Hackintosh - Handoff and Continuity - OSXWiFi - Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC with Bluetooth 4.0 OS X Yosemite 10.10+

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
The link doesn't seem to be working.. But do you really need WiFi? I'm going to hook it up to ethernet regardless, but i've heard that in order to get iMassage, Airdrop and such to work, you need a WiFi card, can you confirme or denie this?
Bluetooth is something that i'm definitely going to add!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back