Contribute
Register

Codec COmmander breaks NVidia HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
No IOReg, try again.

Post #7 The Rogginator.ioreg.zip IS ATTACHED! - The one without Codec Commander installed
Post #9 The Rogginator with cCommander.ioreg IS ATTACHED! - The one with CodecCommander installed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 2.21.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 2.21.14 AM.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 2.21.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 2.21.21 AM.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 47
My mistake.
CodecCommander is disabled for Nvidia audio codecs.

so is there a way to get the Holy Grail here? My original question,,, To have ny Nvdia Codecs back and also have sound through the "Internal Speakers" Channel on wake? (as was the case in 10.13.3)

In other words , as I said before, codecCommander breaks HDMI (at least with NVidia passthrough) but does fix the audio on wake issue as intended.

Without it, on the other hand, HDMI is up and running but on Wake from sleep there is no main channel audio.
id this is NOT the case then what on earth do you mean? I fail to understand

Issue is specific to your system, choices defined; pick one.
Why:
Boom2
Soundflower
shinywhitebox
TelastreamAudio
Thanks Very Much Toleda... once again you saved the day! =D

Soundflower was there from an old install of iShowU as is the other SHinywhitebox item you referred to, I need screen recording software and audio capture. I did actually run a soundflower uninstaller but on reboot it's still there! I don't need it anymore as iShowU has a newer capture plugin called iShowCapture.

I did uninstall boom and that seems to be what was causing the problem! On reboot I now have both My HDMI devices back and codecCommander is still installed! So assuming audio is still there on wake this is exactly the result I was looking for!
Big Thanks for identifying the problem!

Sorry to say STILL not fixed... 2 reboots later and HDMI gone again!

Last resort, clean macOS install.

Lol... Funny you should say that.... beat you to it! I actually downgraded to Sierra as I really don't like where apple are going. They have killed iTunes beyond death recently for starters...

On the clean install I rebuilt it manually piece by piece not importing anything,,, Sound working perfectly HDMI and Had... no issues on wake (without codecCommander installed even) and to boot I was even able to reinstall boom without issues. Because I disabled iTunes update too I have 5 visualizers instead of two and boom works with it so it's win-will all around.

Thanks again for the help on these issues as always but I think what it came down to was an inevitable rebuild. I'm curious though that if I'd elected to reinstall High Sierra would I have run into the same issues,,, Just glad I was able to get Sierra installed at least on this build.

I did have a strange issue though - I seemed to have audio initially. Devices were detected and showing up but absolutely zero sound from HDA... I moved a few kexts around and deleted the PCI HDMI plus Realtek from kexts for example... Rebooted and everything was Rosy! =D

-SOLVED-

I'm attaching a working EFI for this build OS: Sierra - Coffee Lake i5 - 8600k ASUS RoG Strix Z370-e
*Sys Def 17,1 (to install/boot Sierra) late 2015

Further build details in Signature...

Attachments

• EFI Rog Strix z370e.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back