Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus RoG Strix Gaming z370e
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi again Rehabman,

I spend a couple of days working on getting HDA Audio and HDMI set up and running right. on the New Coffee Lake build in addition to USB3 ports running off SSDT,,,,

I found though that on occasion I had issues on waking from sleep so checked out the forum for a solution,
I installed Codec Commander as directed to /Library/Extensions/ via KextBeast and rebooted.... Only today did I suddenly realise that My HDMI Audio was totally gone... I tried everything... moving the Graphics Card around,, Hackinh my config.plist to death and back again and still no HDMI. I suddenly thought - just as I was on the point of giving up,,, lets try take Codec Commander out of there and reboot...

HDMI came back!!!

So... my question is... Any chance of having HDMI and in addition eliminating the problem on wake from sleep?

I also find that a gaming mouse I have also freezes up on wake from time to time,,,,,
Not reaslly sure where to look for a universal answer that will kill both Birds with one stone...

I installed Codec Commander as directed to /Library/Extensions/ via KextBeast and rebooted.... Only today did I suddenly realise that My HDMI Audio was totally gone... I tried everything... moving the Graphics Card around,, Hackinh my config.plist to death and back again and still no HDMI. I suddenly thought - just as I was on the point of giving up,,, lets try take Codec Commander out of there and reboot...

-it was codec commander that broke HDMI,,,, seemed to fix the audio on wake issue. only once channel is affected by this and unfortunately its the main "Internal Speakers"... I discovered that the HDMI channels and other outputs work fine on wake,,,

So right now it's install Codec COmmander and lose HDMI totally or
Reboot on wake every time to get main output back,,,

-it was codec commander that broke HDMI,,,, seemed to fix the audio on wake issue. only once channel is affected by this and unfortunately its the main "Internal Speakers"... I discovered that the HDMI channels and other outputs work fine on wake,,,
??
So right now it's install Codec COmmander and lose HDMI totally orReboot on wake every time to get main output back,,,
??

CodecCommander does not disable HDMI audio.
Explain:
With CodecCommander ...
Without CodecCommender ...

??

??

CodecCommander does not disable HDMI audio.
Explain:
With CodecCommander ...
Without CodecCommender ...

Take a look at the screenshot attached. This is what it looks like without Codec Commander installed...
With it installed in Library/Extensions Samsung and ASUS, my 2 HDMI units, are totally gone!

As mentioned I tried everything,,, including rebuilding Audio friom scratch etc swapping out HDMI.kext and AppleALC.kext etc,,,, Spent hours and hours trying to get HDMI back: I was just about to call it quits when I remembered I had installed Codec Commander the night before to fix the "no audio on wake" problem. Before this there had been no problem at all with HDMI once I got it recognzed. When I removed Codec Commander finally (as a last resort) and rebooted - HDMI came back again!!!

Conclusion - Codec Commander broke HDMI!

I should mention, the oinly way I was able to enable HDMI in the first place was via the Kextpatch method. Thel other methods listed failed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 10.11.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 10.11.39 PM.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Take a look at the screenshot attached.
Useless.
IOReg?
With it installed in Library/Extensions Samsung and ASUS, my 2 HDMI units, are totally gone!
Useless.
IOReg?
Conclusion - Codec Commander broke HDMI!
True for your system only.
I should mention, the oinly way I was able to enable HDMI in the first place was via the Kextpatch method. Thel other methods listed failed.
Wrong. Clover/KextsToPatch cannot do ACPI edits; ACPI edits are mandatory with non native hardware.

Last edited:
Useless.
IOReg?

Useless.
IOReg?

True for our system only.

Wrong. Clover/KextsToPatch cannot do ACPI edits; ACPI edits are mandatory with non native hardware.

Attached!

Attachments

• The Rogginator.ioreg.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Two cases, two IORegs required; one attached, the other???

Not sure that I follow,,,, but if you mean one with Codec Commander and one without - I believe the one you have is WITHOUT it!

Here's one WITH,,,

also clover in its current state.... Right now with Codec Commander (Audio now working on wake but no HDMI)

Attachments

• The Rogginator with cCommander.ioreg
    11.4 MB · Views: 108
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back