Contribute
Register

Cn I hackintosh this hp Envy dv6-7214nr laptop?

Can I hackintosh this Laptop Hp Envy Dv6-7214nr?

• No, you can not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes bit it is hard

• Everything is possible

• It depends

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
dv6-7214nr
CPU
i7-3630q
Graphics
gt650m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
Can I Hackintosh and install Mountain Lion on this laptop Hp Envy DV6-7214nr with the following spec. Any Help is appreciated.

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz )
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M switchable (2 GB GDDR5, up to 1.65 GB)
15.6" diagonal full HD anti-glare LED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
8 GB DDR3
750 GB hybrid (7200 rpm)
Blu-ray player/SuperMulti DVD burner
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
802.11b/g/n; Bluetooth
Beats Audio; 4 speakers; 1 subwoofer
Full-size, island-style, backlit with numeric keypad3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0; 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 VGA; 1 RJ45; 1 headphone-out; 1 microphone-in

Thanks
Arin

Hello,
Can I Hackintosh and install Mountain Lion on this laptop Hp Envy DV6-7214nr with the following spec. Any Help is appreciated.

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM (3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz )
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M switchable (2 GB GDDR5, up to 1.65 GB)
15.6" diagonal full HD anti-glare LED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
8 GB DDR3
750 GB hybrid (7200 rpm)
Blu-ray player/SuperMulti DVD burner
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
802.11b/g/n; Bluetooth
Beats Audio; 4 speakers; 1 subwoofer
Full-size, island-style, backlit with numeric keypad3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0; 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 VGA; 1 RJ45; 1 headphone-out; 1 microphone-in

Thanks
Arin

No idea about the LAN, WiFi, bluetooth and audio. They may or may not work. Is there a more detailed specifications list?

Personally I don't recommend installing OSX on a laptop unless you know from other people it will work. Incompatible hardware on a laptop cannot be replaced like in a desktop.

Perhaps you should try to seek advice in the laptop forum.

i also have an HP ENVY DV6-7214nr laptop

the components of the computer look exactly like the macbook pro components

right now i am i have a running vmware hackintosh working perfectly smooth (youtube videos working perfect, smooth window effects etc...)

i would like to know if any one knows how to really install the hackintosh in the computer's hard drive (like to boot directly to mountain lion)

im trying many things but still didnt make it, something always goes wrong like "still waiting for root device" and stuff

if any one knows about a good bootloader (for laptops) for the installaion part or anything
any help is appreciated

thanks

shiups

How do you make a VMware hackintosh?
What methods did you use to install it?

Your cpu should be compatible. Wifi and bluetooth are usually builtin to the same card and if your wifi works then your bluetooth most likely will too. You need to find out your exact Wifi card model (ex. Atheros AR928x, Broadcom BCMxxxx) and whether or not it works out of the box or through kext editing or dsdt editing. If it doesn't, you can always buy a compatible card that fits and works with your computer. The Nvidia card will not work and you will most likely have to use only HD 4000 graphics. If you can disable the Nvidia card, you will want to do that before attempting an installation. I would try installing Mountain Lion as your system is definitely fast enough to handle it and Mountain Lion, I believe, has better ivy bridge support. Beats audio is actually IDT audio and theres a native appleHDA patch you can do for that. And another sidenote, the hard drive is a Hybrid SSD/HDD and I'm not too familiar with their compatibility so I can't really help you with that.

As for Jamesbond's comment, my machine was pretty undocumented for OS X but I got it up and running but always with a fallback to use (Windows, Linux, etc). It really depends on your comfort level with modifying important stuff, because you will guaranteed have to change settings on your machine and go through a lot of trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back