Motherboard
ga-ex58-ud3r
CPU
I7 950
Graphics
HD3000EVGA GeForce GT 740
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used unibeast and multibeast to get working 10.8 install on my ga-ep35-ds4 motherboard. Only wake from sleep does not work. Goes to sleep fine, but when wakes the Computer restarts instead of waking and resets CMOS. I tried Apple.RTC patch below, but did not work. Any ideas anyone?

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|;
s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

I used unibeast and multibeast to get working 10.8 install on my ga-ep35-ds4 motherboard. Only wake from sleep does not work. Goes to sleep fine, but when wakes the Computer restarts instead of waking and resets CMOS. I tried Apple.RTC patch below, but did not work. Any ideas anyone?

s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

i am having the excat same problem with my gigabyte EP45-DS3.
Goes to sleep fine.
I will try RTC from snow lion.
Did you try that yet ? does it work ?

I had the sleep CMOS reset issue as well, and the above command did not work for me either. However, I was finally able to fix the CMOS reset problem by using the AppleRTC.kext from 10.6.8.

If anyone else is having the same problem, I have attached the AppleRTC.kext from 10.6.8. It should fix your CMOS reset problem on restart after waking up from sleep.

Extract the kext to your desktop, then use KextBeast to install. Finally, tick Repair Permissions under System Utilities in Multibeast and reboot.

Attachments

• AppleRTC.kext1068.zip
    38.5 KB · Views: 671
This fixed my issue with CMOS resets!
Thanks heaps for that :)

Try the following:
1.Copy the AppleRTC.kext form /S/E/L to the Desktop
2.Run the script from terminal:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' Desktop/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
3.Override original AppleRTC.kext in /S/E/L with patched one from Desktop (maybe make Backup before)
4.Run kext utility

Thats what worked for me.

Try the following:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' Desktop/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
3.Override original AppleRTC.kext in /S/E/L with patched one from Desktop (maybe make Backup before)
4.Run kext utility

Hey thanks! That did the trick!

Thanks for the help. I tried installing the snow leapard applertc.kext The CMOS no longer reset, but the computer still restarted instead of waking from sleep. Finally fixed by loading new DSDT from OS86.net. Then checked "start up automatically after a power failure" under Energy saver options in System Preferences. Viola, finally worked. Thanks for all the help!

Try the following:
4.Run kext utility

Thanks, that's working!

Instead of kext utility i've used kext wizard - don't forget to repair permissions.

also worked for me! Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back