Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to get my first Hackintosh to dual boot to Win8.1 and Yosemite, but encountered a problem with Clover. The default config.plist failed to boot to Yosemite properly, so I needed to tweak it a bit in the boot menu to get it to load properly. The thing is, I would obviously like to get it to work with my changed config.plist file so I wouldn't have to manually change the settings on every boot.

The problem is that no matter what changes I do to the .plist file, it doesn't load it at all, I always get the default options. I've tried using Clover Configurator to create the file and also changing the file manually, but the changes do not load when I restart the machine.

My modified config.plist is located in "OS X system drive"/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Am I missing something here? From where does clover try to load the config file?

I'm trying to get my first Hackintosh to dual boot to Win8.1 and Yosemite, but encountered a problem with Clover. The default config.plist failed to boot to Yosemite properly, so I needed to tweak it a bit in the boot menu to get it to load properly. The thing is, I would obviously like to get it to work with my changed config.plist file so I wouldn't have to manually change the settings on every boot.

The problem is that no matter what changes I do to the .plist file, it doesn't load it at all, I always get the default options. I've tried using Clover Configurator to create the file and also changing the file manually, but the changes do not load when I restart the machine.

My modified config.plist is located in "OS X system drive"/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Am I missing something here? From where does clover try to load the config file?

If you're using Clover UEFI, config.plist is loaded from the EFI partition, not the system partition.

Thanks for replying! I managed to find the partition using diskutil command line tool. Do you know how I would be able to access it to change the correct config.plist file? The partition doesn't show up on Finder at all.

I didn't install Clover to a USB drive but switched from Chameleon so Clover is now just a partition on my hard drive.

Thanks for replying! I managed to find the partition using diskutil command line tool. Do you know how I would be able to access it to change the correct config.plist file? The partition doesn't show up on Finder at all.

I didn't install Clover to a USB drive but switched from Chameleon so Clover is now just a partition on my hard drive.

Use Clover Configurator to mount it.

If you're comfortable with diskutil already, then you could do this:

diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1

Where you replace "disk0s1" with the location of your EFI partition, as given to you by this command:

diskutil list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back